584,866 active members*
5,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Connecting RPC to Partner III with Cent 6

Connecting RPC to Partner III with Cent 6

I just got my "new to me" mill set up in the shop today. Partner III with Centurion 6 controller. I am in need of help concerning the connection to my RPC. I am really not sure which L# to put the wild leg on. I have atached pics of the mill and control panel. I am told it was a Cent 5 that was upgraded to a Cent 6 controller. The rear electrical enclosure has a 2nd box attached to the door that must contain the PC. The mill came from a technical school out of Wisconsin and looks to be in very low mileage condition. Any help would be appreciated. I did receive the operation manual as well as a disc that appears to be the parameters.

Re: Connecting RPC to Partner III with Cent 6

L2 Wild leg

Thanks rl49, I hope that is it. I have attached another pic with numbers showing where each of the legs is wired to. My L2 has several leads running off of it and one of them is to the transformer for the servo drives. The legs are wired as follows, please excuse the lack of accurate descriptions.
    L1 Motor, Fuses 5 & 6
    L2 Motor, CR1 , Big transformer that looks like it powers drives
    L3 Motor, Smaller transformer under main connect, #66 at lower term block

If you enlarge the pic you can see I have numbered where each leg is running to
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mill wiring.jpg  

The incoming power is normally connected to the disconnect switch. Remove the black plate with the 220 volt label on it and you will see the connecting lugs on the top of the switch.
    'Real' leg 1 goes to the left lug, 'generated' leg goes in the center lug, and 'real' leg 2 goes to the right lug. Be sure that the ground leg is a direct connection to the ground buss in the service panel.

This machine looks more like a Cent4 to Cent6 update. I have done several similar updates in tech schools in Wisconsin, where was this one?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I got the mill running. The main relay and the servo transformer were also getting a leg from L2 as well as one of the other legs since they are 240 single phase powered. I had to move those to L1 and L3 . I set up L2 so that the motor was the only wire on it. Milltronics service was a big help and pointed me in the right direction. I found out that my mill got the SBC upgrade and that the battery issue was addressed in 2011. A very low use tech school mill with the electronics maintained...this was a win/win