585,702 active members*
4,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Isel CNC router, can´t connect it to computer.

Isel CNC router, can´t connect it to computer.

Hello,
    I bought a used Isel CNC router which came complete with an old computer which should have the necessary software to run the machine. But the software is older than 25 years old and I can´t get it running again. The software is ADI-Treiber from Isel and it works with Autocad. The problem is that the mouse on the old computer stopped working so I made the choice to just upgrade the computer. And since I´m upgrading the computer it would make sense to upgrade the software too. But I don´t know what kind of software (preferably freeware) to use since I don´t know how to connect it with the old controller. The controller is type C 142/1 with 5,0 interface. There is a manual for the controller attached.

Thank you for helping,

Jakar

Re: Isel CNC router, can´t connect it to computer.

Try this software:
    Galaad
    I'm using it with ISEL machine and it's quite good. Imports acad and allows to use CAM made Gcodes. As I recall it was not expensive.

Buy mach3 and u are done .

hello
    i have an issue about osai controller the connection is faild error message timeout connection any solution please

Do U have proper RS232 wire? There is pinout in manual. It is not necessary typical serial pinout. Also for connection for first time u need to turn on the controller and remove e-stop signal. It may be inverted by settings so check if U can connect with pushed in.