584,814 active members*
5,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machinery Manual, Brochure / Photo Archives > Member / Shop Photos > Trumpf .50 + cutting [ AL, MS, SS, CR ] Edge Performance

Trumpf .50 + cutting [ AL, MS, SS, CR ] Edge Performance

Having trouble cutting thick material (.375 - .50 )

Set up - trumpf 3030

SS .50-We cut it at 80% 120ipm, high focus point , normal gas and we get hard ragged edges not long but dense.been on the job 8 months, can't get it. Is it even possible with this model?

Re: Trumpf .50 + cutting [ AL, MS, SS, CR ] Edge Performance

Hi, I recently bought a Trumpf L4003e laser and have yet to see it run. I had 3 different techs hose me and need to get it up and running. Your 3030 is similar I believe and was hoping you could help me fire this up. My issue is that the feed hold keeps coming up, and the pallet changer wont refrence, A OR B pallet. X,Y,Z all will refrence but not W (pallet). I'm not incompetent, just new to this. Reaally need someone with similar machine to help me start cutting, Thank you, Dean. My e mail is [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by deandmt View Post
    Hi, I recently bought a Trumpf L4003e laser and have yet to see it run. I had 3 different techs hose me and need to get it up and running. Your 3030 is similar I believe and was hoping you could help me fire this up. My issue is that the feed hold keeps coming up, and the pallet changer wont refrence, A OR B pallet. X,Y,Z all will refrence but not W (pallet). I'm not incompetent, just new to this. Reaally need someone with similar machine to help me start cutting, Thank you, Dean. My e mail is [email protected].
    Hi deandmt,

We'll I'm no pro, however I do have some suggestions, make sure the light barrier is not being blocked and the lasers are aligned, if you can refrence one table and not the other I would look closely at what program your running and the tech table. Also if you hit menu "1151" it will bring up the load unit, make sure your settings are correct, if your changing pallet manually you want it set to 1 or 5 for automatic. Hope this helps.

Calvin

i'll try it, thank you, Dean, let you know tomorrow.

Hi, i don't have the light barrier hooked up, so we need to avoid that area, it has never been hooked up by me, do i need to hook it up? the techs said not to but they also didn't get me up and running for 20,000. So what next? Dean