584,854 active members*
4,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Calibrating movement on custom laser cutter with Lihuiyu Studio and Corellaser

Calibrating movement on custom laser cutter with Lihuiyu Studio and Corellaser

Hello!
    We have a custom laser cutter that works with Lihuiyu Studio Labs controller and seems like only with Corellaser software.
    And I have an extreme problem with calibration on both axis.
    If I draw a square 10x10 mm, the laser cuts 22x22 mm.
    I couldn`t find the way to fix this in settings of Corellaser.
    Maybe someone has any experience with these controllers? Or maybe it can work with some other software?

Re: Calibrating movement on custom laser cutter with Lihuiyu Studio and Corellaser

I replaced the controller with an Arduino Mega and Ramps board...

Re: Calibrating movement on custom laser cutter with Lihuiyu Studio and Corellaser

Seems like you did the right thing!

Well for me it was planned already before I bought the machine as all reviews on these controllers and software turned out to be bad at best.
    Does not matter if it runs on a fake Corel software or with the Moshi software, they are user-unfriendly and limit what the hardware can do.
    Plus it totally failed to see the point in having a dongle for a machine that would only work with this crappy software to start with.
    But if you need a controller I have a spare one, was only used for a few minutes to confirm the hardware actually works LOL

Hullo Downunder35m. Is it an easy conversion...as in unplug the other board and plug everything in and then install/run another software in lieu of what came with the old board? Any help would be appreciated. I'm at a crossroad at the moment and not too sure what the problem is... I think it could be the stepper motor but everything looks right so when I stumbled on this thread I'm now thinking it may be the board. Problem with my laser cutter is that when it cuts... the lines are not straight. The circles are even worse.... if you draw a straight line then turns a 90 degree to another line.... that second line looks like a heartbeat scan until it eases to the straight line.
    Again any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder35m View Post
    I replaced the controller with an Arduino Mega and Ramps board...
    Hi there,
    Which software does this particular controller use, please?

hi My friend

please try corel laser first icon on the top of left which you put serial number
    there is as may be third number about resulation it changes calibrate

Ayd?n

about plt you must from corel export in side page plotter units

resulation change raster size
    plotter un?ts change vector size

Aydin