Website

Re: best affordable 3d scanner

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    How cheap?
    $200/300

What resolution?

No such thing currently available, £5000 is a starting point for anything worth using I have an isense here received as a freebie here and is useless

Quote Originally Posted by Louis_Cannell View Post
    No such thing currently available, £5000 is a starting point for anything worth using I have an isense here received as a freebie here and is useless
    Thanks, meaning we need wait another few years

Quote Originally Posted by texano View Post
    Thanks, meaning we need wait another few years
    I'm not sure what resolution you are looking for but here is a link for a company, Eora 3D, from Australia that just ran an IndieGoGo campaign for a scanner that uses a green laser and phone with sub-100 micron resolution.
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e...-3d-scanning#/
    They are scheduled to start delivery in June (2016).

Their price from the campaign was $300 for both the scanner and a turntable so it might be worth a look.

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

jonathlee
    We have been building these for years with higher resolution using 4 lasers and getting better results than this will ever produce, the technology already exhists and is proven and costs 5-6k this is limited the same as all other versions of it, if you expect a resolution you can work to produce even a decent 3d print from this you will be very dissappointed just google DIY scanner and see the basis for this kickstarter technology.

If You need scanner for small objects check the Roland DG products. Their resolution is nice, but thei're small and I'm not sure if they fit Your finances.

Quote Originally Posted by steryd View Post
    If You need scanner for small objects check the Roland DG products. Their resolution is nice, but thei're small and I'm not sure if they fit Your finances.
    For his $200-300 he might get a brochure!

Not anymore, I'm afraid. Roland DGA has pretty much gotten out of the 3D scanner business, although the machines they made actually worked pretty well. I've still got a couple for sale - a LPX-60 laser scanner and a MDX-20 scanner-mill - but once they're gone I can't get any more. And the prices aren't anywhere near what the OP wanted to spend.

I've played with several versions of the Primesense scanners (they made the sensors in the Kinnects and Sense scanners); I've found that resolution on small objects can be improved by fitting them with spectacles. You can read about it here:

DIY and Entry-Level 3D-Scanner Forum ? View topic - VirtuSpecs for Carmine 1.09
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by Louis_Cannell View Post
    For his $200-300 he might get a brochure!

There's a few 3D printable open source scanners. Not really much good for reproducing items without being combined with a digitising arm. (£30000 +) a digitising arm on its own is a fair bit cheaper but even a used one will set you back a few thousand. point cloud with arm is more accurate than laser alone if the arm is good. Not overly complex to build one yourself with some decent encoders and the software is also available open source.

Thank you all for the advice,

3d Printing is become really popular, and it is part of my job.
    I remember a few years ago was not a perfected technology and very expensive.
    Today everyone can have a printer with affordable prices and with good results.

I think the 3d scanning the same thing.

Today, still it is not good quality and very expensive,
    * but the electronics and hardware Involved is cheap and basic.

maybe we have some limitation software, but I think that soon we will have more accurate scanners, faster and cheaper.

for the moment I have not seen scanner that can scan objects that give the possibility to work without spending a lot of time to adjust and fix.

or spend a lot of money and time with an expensive machine

NextEngine starts at $3000, I have one, and think it is currently among if not the best bang for the buck...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Because of all the above, I also await an affordable accurate laser, which seems some time away
    I use a touch probe I re-designed and built.
    My demands are high, digitizing can be a slow process depending on the grid size, Sadly all the probes on the market up to $400 are badly lacking, cant cut it.
    There is nothing worse than misfires three, four hours into a project, and having to start all over.
    I pulled apart the failed purchased ones, all had the same inherent downfall. I re-designed and built a Proto-type. Many times it does 8hr sessions, then straight into another, back to back. Has done this up to 24hrs straight. And is still going after 10 months, Must get to doing a proper one sometime, slack EH! .
    So, until one comes available, my digitizer producers excellent working results.

Eora 3D, from Australia looks promising, will have a look
    Cheers

As for EORA 3D The tiny distance between laser head and lense and the inclusion of just one line laser when even DIY builds boast 4 spread accurately over half a metre mean the information that can be obtained is miniscule compared to what is required for a worthwhile scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarwhy View Post
    Because of all the above, I also await an affordable accurate laser, which seems some time away
    I use a touch probe I re-designed and built.
    My demands are high, digitizing can be a slow process depending on the grid size, Sadly all the probes on the market up to $400 are badly lacking, cant cut it.
    There is nothing worse than misfires three, four hours into a project, and having to start all over.
    I pulled apart the failed purchased ones, all had the same inherent downfall. I re-designed and built a Proto-type. Many times it does 8hr sessions, then straight into another, back to back. Has done this up to 24hrs straight. And is still going after 10 months, Must get to doing a proper one sometime, slack EH! .
    So, until one comes available, my digitizer produckers excellent working results.

Eora 3D, from Australia looks promising, will have a look
    Cheers
    Personally I don't believe lasers will ever replace digitisers where accuracy is required. I was at a manufacturing expo just a month back and played with various laser scanners in $10's of thousands range. Not one was upto the task you guys are expecting of it without being combined with a digitising arm.

What about any of these shown on youtube? Will any of these meet your needs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeyNmYM9QJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tM5qJFsXeM

Page 1 of 2 12