585,556 active members*
3,566 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: PRO CNC 2016 Revision

Quote Originally Posted by IamElvis View Post
    This is fantastic news. Are there any plans for closed loop motors and an atc spindle option?
    Would be sweet! 5HP spindle please! :banana:

I think this is a great improvement. I never liked the V-cons and steel rails. I bought mine in 2014. I am interested in upgrading the gantry.
    Not sure it its me, but I seems like it also make the machine a little lighter. (less steel rails)

I contacted Cory earlier this week to ask if the guide rails are available without the splice. Yes, they are. It's an extra shipping cost but I will definitely go with no-splice.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Carpenter View Post
    I contacted Cory earlier this week to ask if the guide rails are available without the splice. Yes, they are. It's an extra shipping cost but I will definitely go with no-splice.
    What size machine do you have?

I have a 2x4 - I wonder if my rails would be one piece.

mine is 4x8.
    2x4 is probably no-splice by default.

I am going to need to ask on the gantry. I too got a quote to upgrade mine.
    not sure what I am going to do with the let over steel.

I just recently ordered the upgrade kit. I will take pics when I get it. Ahren was awesome as usually and took good care of me. I got the upgraded table axis rails, gear rack, and gantry riser, upgraded gantry rails, gear rack and gantry carriage. I did not upgrade the Z axis..Ahrens suggestion.

Dave, what is the "gear rack" ? - am also looking at the same upgrade but I had them quote it in two parts. Table first and then gantry. Although in all honesty the gantry is the axis that seems to have the most "issues" in my case. I wonder what much of the older rider assembly is not used. once you upgrade would there be enough parts to build a smaller machine?

Not sure Fox... I took that directly from the quote lol. I will get pics as soon as it's received and post them. Maybe Cory or Ahren can beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by bonesbr549 View Post
    Boy my timing sucked
    I want to say thanks to Cory and CRC routerparts I spoke with them today and got a quote to upgrade my system to the new standard. I'll be doing an upgrade of x, y, and z. I feel they treated me fairly. Hey it gives me a chance to do a new build thread

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCNCnewb View Post
    I just recently ordered the upgrade kit. I will take pics when I get it. Ahren was awesome as usually and took good care of me. I got the upgraded table axis rails, gear rack, and gantry riser, upgraded gantry rails, gear rack and gantry carriage. I did not upgrade the Z axis..Ahrens suggestion.
    I decided to do it all. Could not pass the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bonesbr549 View Post
    I decided to do it all. Could not pass the deal.
    I called for a quote but I can't justify the price when my current setup works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstringlz View Post
    I called for a quote but I can't justify the price when my current setup works fine.
    i struggled with it, but at half the cost, and the extra height for tooling, I jumped at it.

I had already upgraded for the extra height on the previous version...excited to get home from vacation to finish this beast.

They have treated me so well it's beyond belief. In this day and age of crappy service it's a great surprise to be treated so well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mine arrives on Friday!

Just my two cents on the PRO CNC 2016 Upgrade. I have a Pro 48x24 which I just upgraded. It took a couple of weeks to get everything back up and running, but the results have been fantastic. I've had minor accuracy issues since day one of the old build, which I have been able to work around. Following the upgrade all of those issues have been resolved. For me, the upgrade was worth every penny. And as always, thanks to Cory and Ahren for their great support through the upgrade process.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 12