585,719 active members*
4,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Stepper Motor Drivers TB6560 PCB issue

Stepper Motor Drivers TB6560 PCB issue

Hi all,

I bought 2 of these drivers:

CNC Router 1 Axis Controller Stepper Motor Drivers TB6560 3A driver board DG | eBay

One driver is missing 2 capacitors - c2 and c9 -, see red circle in the picture:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=320828&stc=1

In the correct driver these caps look like the c3 cap. I want to buy some caps at a local store, but I don't know what type/value they should have. Please advise.

Re: Stepper Motor Drivers TB6560 PCB issue

Return the drivers or sell them to some other suckered. Tb6560 drivers are crap.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

.1uF would be a common value. It would be better to contact the manufacture of the board and ask them. I don't think you need to worry about the voltage rating. Surface mount cap can be easily found at digikey.com. If it is close to .125" long it is likely a 1206 size. You could also take the board to a local electronic technician to have them validate the value and size of the existing one. Sometimes parts are purposely not populated on a board. Caps such as your example are often used to reduce electronic noise/interference. Have you tried the board and it didn't work so you observed the omitted parts, or did you notice them missing? If it is the latter I would not be afraid to try it but it would probably be better if they were populated. Good luck.

Ask the seller to send you a new card. Send him a picture that shows the error, be polite and I am pretty sure you'll get a new one without costs for you and without the bother of sending the faulty one back. Other alternative is to buy a different, better driver. The TB6560 based drivers are really bad compared with almost anything else you can get. You could buy a DQ542MA for just a little more and those are like night and day compared to any 6560. They also come with a heat sink, though in my experience they never get hot. Easy to set up and configure, and most of all, they work well.