584,846 active members*
3,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Z Axix Keeps Running

I've just finished my router, doing initial setup using TCNC 4.1 with a SOC MC433 controller (latest issue) and NEMA 23 125oz steppers. My problem is that X and Y axis work great but Z axis keeps going for awhile after key release in jog mode, unless I set velocities way down to barely moving. Any ideas?

Post Controller Version Number?

Hey comptrmedic,

You say that you have the latest version of the MC433 controller, what is the version number? Im trying to find some one with a version number greater then 1.1B.

Did you get any of the firmware updates for your controller?

I ask all this because Im trying to trouble shoot some holding torque issues im having with my card. As soon as I stop sending the PWM to the controller the motors drop completely dead.

Thanks,
    Tyler

Controller Version Number?

Tyler,

My controller is marked MC433(G), I have a similar problem in that if I power up the stepper power supply with the parallel port connected to the controller the PS fuse blows. As long as I do the PS first then connect the PPort cable then all is fine. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a grounding issue between the stepper PS and the computer. I haven't tried to track that one just yet, I'm still trying to figure out why my steppers are missing steps if I try to drive the system fast enough not to burn the wood I'm routing. If I run the system at a slow speed all works fine except the wood burns and eventually gets hot enough to set sawdust on fire.

Jerry

Hardware Setup?

Hey Jerry,

I have a couple of question regarding your hardware setup before I can see if I have any recommendations:
    • What are you using to power your motors?
    • How are you fusing your system (are you using a mainline fuse, then a fuse on each motor?).
    • Are you using fast blow or slow blow fuses?

On my setup I haven't tied the ground from my MC433 board power to my motor ps are I have no issues with that. I'll post a picture of my control box later this week.

Cheers,
    Tyler

i allso got the MC433 Motor Control rev 1.2

never buy off ebay

the board is not moveing the motor's they buzz like there not geting the right power i tested everything i played with the tuning
    i looked all over hopeing that the pin setup was off as that is what it seem's

my pin set up is

3 4

5 6

7 8

im using mack 3

all it do's is buzz motor's get very hot

i am new seem's there is alote of bad Motor Controler's

please can someone give me some name's of WORKING controlers
    this the sic brand i got that was a wast of $$$ my othere was the tb6560
    time do's not matter stoping it do's if you can stop time for one hour thin that hour would be forever