Hello all. First post, but have been an info troller for a few months now. I have been learning to use my 2001 YCM Supermax (newbie cnc operator/programmer) and have been sucessfully programming and making production parts for the last 6 months. I am working on a new aluminum part that requires a couple of 1/2NPT threaded holes. I proved the program last week and got an admittantly older tap in the machine this morning to test the depth requirement of the NPT (I have a few new taps coming tomorrow. I just wanted to finalize the depth.). So, I started at a depth consistant with the Machinery's Handbook , but the tool slipped in the ER32 collet, so my depth was too shallow. I reset the tool in the collet bottomed out and gave it some extra nut torque. It successfully completed hole 1 to what appears to be a good depth for proper thread engagement, but alarmed out on hole 2 with the following codes:

751 SPINDLE-1 ALARM DETECT
742 RIGID TAP ALARM: LSI OVERFLOW
1003 EXTERNAL ALARM

I can't find any info on the direct cause of these alarms, but I suspect its an overtorque from the tool spinning in the collet. In any case, I can't get it to clear to release the Z axis. I loosened the vice to free up the part and found the Z was loading the part, so when I released the moving jaw from under the part, it cocked and broke the tool. There is now no load on the spindle, but I can't get the code to clear. I powered down and back up and now have the following alarms:

750 SPINDLE SERIAL LINK ERROR
401 SERVO ALARM: X AXIS
401 SERVO ALARM: Y AXIS
401 SERVO ALARM: Z AXIS

I knew it would not tap well with the old tap, but I watched it complete hole 1 without issue and walked away while it performed hole 2 tapping. I thought I had a slow enough tapping operation to keep it safe, but can I get some after-the-fact programming advice on this one? For a 1/2-14NPT in aluminum, I spec'd 75RPM, 0.0714286" thread pitch with 0.03" peck depth and 0.0172" chip break. I even oversized the drill hole to 0.74" (tap guide says 0.703") to make tapping easier. Would it have been fine for a sharp tool? I

So, I can only assume I have damaged something on the machine. Can someone point me in the direction of the most likely failure points?

Thanks,
Steve