584,833 active members*
5,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Siemens 840C Monitor Black

Hi,
    I recently bought an older (1996) Hyundai Hi-T30S turning center with a Sinumerik 840C (I think) control on it. We are a Mazak shop, so the control architecture is quite different, so I'm not even sure I actually have a problem; could just be a switch somewhere.
    Anyway, I can fire the machine up, zero it out, and actually run a program that was left in memory. The problem being that the monitor remains black at all times; not even a flicker during boot cycle. Does this just end up being a bad monitor as it sounds or could it be something else? I've found plenty of replacements fairly cheap, and an LCD conversion kit just as cheap. With no experience regarding either the Siemens system nor the LCD replacement kits; any advise would be appreciated.

Hudley Stungwell

Re: Siemens 840C Monitor Black

Might just be a loose cable/connection.
    We fix it all! Give us a call at 855-437-3497.

Thank you kindly for you rapid response. I will pull the monitor from the chassis slide and check connections.

Kind regards,
    Mike Ward.

Any time, Mike.

If that doesn't work, it could be the back light. We repair those all the time. Send it in for a free evaluation and we'll check it out for you \. It might be cheaper to just repair it than convert over.

tyler@iesrepairs is my email address. Just email me and I'll respond with a packing slip.

Sounds great! Checked connections and grounds; no luck. Could you give me a ballpark, on the high end, of what I could be looking at? I found a complete (used) front panel/monitor assembly at HGR that I'll probably be looking at upwards of $300-$500 all said and done, but that puts me right back in the price range of the LCD conversion kits at $537 (may have been $567?) before I even ship it.

Mike

I sent you a PM.

Hey buddy, sorry for the slow reply. Thank you for the info in the PM; I'll probably be taking you up on that offer. I'll know for sure within the day, as the eBay auction I've already committed to ends shortly. It may be that someone else wants the item far more than I do; hence having you take a peek at it. Thank you again for your help and insight. hopefully we'll be doing some business in the near future.

Kind regards,
    Mike Ward.

P.S.
    To all, I apologize for the signature in my initial post. Perhaps a bit in bad taste, but only meant to humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykal1970 View Post
    Hey buddy, sorry for the slow reply. Thank you for the info in the PM; I'll probably be taking you up on that offer. I'll know for sure within the day, as the eBay auction I've already committed to ends shortly. It may be that someone else wants the item far more than I do; hence having you take a peek at it. Thank you again for your help and insight. hopefully we'll be doing some business in the near future.

Kind regards,
    Mike Ward.

P.S.
    To all, I apologize for the signature in my initial post. Perhaps a bit in bad taste, but only meant to humor.
    Sounds good, Mike. Glad to hear you got my info. Let me know what works out best for you. Have a good day!

Tyler