584,837 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc Robocut Alpha 0B with Fanuc Series 16-W control 910 SRAM Parity System Error

Fanuc Robocut Alpha 0B with Fanuc Series 16-W control 910 SRAM Parity System Error

Hi, this is my first post.

We are a small machine shop company located in Mexico, close to the USA border, and we have a few CNC mills, CNC lathes and EDM equipment.

One of these EDM machines, it's a Fanuc Robocut Alpha-0B and its Fanuc Series 16-W controller.

The information I got from its plate is:

Fanuc Robocut Alpha-0B
    Type A04B-0303-B001 #USA
    No. P9510B154, Date: 1995-2
    Made in Japan

The Fanuc controller PSU failed (the PSU is located to the right hand side of the CPU unit, inside the control enclosure), so the machine was off for 1 complete day, while the technician replaced a relay that failed in it.

Once the technician finished, he turned on the machine and got a 910 SRAM Parity System Error.

I ordered a 1MB SRAM PC Card (PCMCIA), to try an SRAM Backup, but when I Select this option inside the Boot Menu, I get a 930 CPU Interrupt System Alarm, and the Fanuc controller creates a 0kb sized backup file inside the SRAM card, instead of the 512kb file I was expecting.

I've seen that when you get the 910 error, it's recommended to reset the controller and enter the parameters, but the thing is that nobody in here has the parameters for this equipment. Nobody knew that they were going to be needed in a case like this.

Can someone please provide me with these parameters values?

My guess is that I could do with the parameters of an Alpha-0B/1B/0C/1C.

Please help me out.

Re: Fanuc Robocut Alpha 0B with Fanuc Series 16-W control 910 SRAM Parity System Erro

I just went through a very similar problem with a Robodrill A-T10B with 16mb control. And I had non of the Parameters to put back in. I had the 910 error so I bought a Sram card with hopes to back up what I had. When I tried it wrote a 0b file and gave me the 930 error. I finally just rest the memory after I received a pdf of some parameters from a machine similar to mine. It was a few months older but mostly close enough to mine that it works now. I still don't have my pallet loader working 100% but it seems to be doing pretty good now. Call Methods Machine Tool in LA or San Francisco with your info. They will get you up and running again.
    Good luck,
    Donny

Re: Fanuc Robocut Alpha 0B with Fanuc Series 16-W control 910 SRAM Parity System Erro

Unfortunately, a sram boot backup is only possible if the control does not have a parity error. Even when no error is evident (the control is operating normally), you may not be able to do a sram boot backup due to a parity error that only shows up during the sram boot backup.
    We do memory expansion and replacements on these and other controls.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteriver View Post
    I just went through a very similar problem with a Robodrill A-T10B with 16mb control. And I had non of the Parameters to put back in. I had the 910 error so I bought a Sram card with hopes to back up what I had. When I tried it wrote a 0b file and gave me the 930 error. I finally just rest the memory after I received a pdf of some parameters from a machine similar to mine. It was a few months older but mostly close enough to mine that it works now. I still don't have my pallet loader working 100% but it seems to be doing pretty good now. Call Methods Machine Tool in LA or San Francisco with your info. They will get you up and running again.
    Good luck,
    Donny
    That's what I ended up doing. I received the information from their Massachusetts office. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Unfortunately, a sram boot backup is only possible if the control does not have a parity error. Even when no error is evident (the control is operating normally), you may not be able to do a sram boot backup due to a parity error that only shows up during the sram boot backup.
    We do memory expansion and replacements on these and other controls.
    Once I received the SRAM card I realize that. I ended up resetting it and reloading the parameters received from Methods Machine Tool. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by reactorshop View Post
    Once I received the SRAM card I realize that. I ended up resetting it and reloading the parameters received from Methods Machine Tool. Thank you!
    Reactorshop,
    I have the same problem with my Robocut alpha 0B.Can you send me the pameters of 0B machine ?
    Thank you in advance
    David