585,676 active members*
3,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

help repairing Anilam Crusader II control?

Can someone give me some troubleshooting tips on a 1986 Anilam Crusader II control on a Lagun FTV-2 vertical mill? We just bought this for the iron, and planned to retrofit a new control, but this Crusader II powers up, reads the scales on each axis so we are seeing if we can bring it back to life and give it a try instead of jumping into the retrofit.

The Crusader will let me manually jog the servo motors if I hold in the reset button on the back of the Crusader II control system. If I do not use the override, there is no motion.

I pulled the boards from the controller and cleaned the edge connectors and reseated all the connectors and no change. I did not see and obviousliy blown componenets, but there were a few where heat had discolored the pcb under them.

I have a nice wiring diagram of the amp box from Anilam, and can see the function of the override is to override a loop that contains the estop button, limit switches and thermal overloads in the amp. Pushing the override button allows 24vdc in this loop to pass through some relays and power up the servo amps and finally reach ground according to the diagram. The diagram shows a transistor in the Crusader II normally doing this task, but the override is available apparently to test the system to see if you have other problems.

I decided to take a break and ask for help hoping someone will remember this problem. Next I was planning to trace through this amp enable loop and see how far the signal proceeds. My hunch is that the problem is in the Crusader control and it is not able to switch this transistor, and this would likely require replacement of one of the controller boards.

I'm sure some of you guys have solved this problem before, so thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Thanks,

Doug Danielson
    404 667 4680 mobile
    Atlanta

Have you got sorted out yet. I have all the wiring diagrams.
    Cheers Wallace

Customer Service

Hi Doug,

You might want to call Tim Podgwaite Jr. the National Service Manager for Anilam. He is a super guy and he and others in the Anilams Service Department were "extremely" helpful in sorting out problems I had with my Anilam 1100M controller. His number is 1-716-661-1724.

I don't know if they still offer any support for you particular model but he would be my number one choice to get the possible information to fix you controller.

Hope this helps.

John

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiavi View Post
    Have you got sorted out yet. I have all the wiring diagrams.
    Cheers Wallace
    Could you send me copies of the wiring diagrams? Just drop me a PM and I can tell you my email address.

TommyL.

My email is kiwiaviatxtradotcodotnz. Cheers Wallace

Anilam

I wasen't so lucky with anilam I asked and they offered to sell me a update control for $7500.00 But I had a experance like this with my BPT the control will not G01X1.25Y1.55F100 Ect if the spindel is not active try that Good luck do you have the programing manuals that would be a great help Kevin

Hi kiwiavi.

I`m repairin a vertical boring machine with Anilam Crusader CNC.

Can you send me the wiring diagrams you have ?

Thanks in advance.

Barto.
    Rosario, Argentina.

Send me you email address. marshland
    @ marshland dot co . nz

I have bought 2 CNC Machines with Brushed DC Servo motors Indramat MDC 10.20 a complicated DC Servo analog amplifier Indramat 3TRM2 the controllers is Anilam Crusader II L that is quite complicated. I don't have diagrams or technical data of the system. I want to run these machines can you suggest me where to start with?

Currently I am planning to get some break-out servo board but confused how to get it done

I have done some small projects for my own workshops and others, I know very little about CNC need help dear.

Send me me a few photos of the machine and I'll see if I can help.
    [email protected]

If any one have the complete circuit diagram for indramat 3TRM2 servo amplifier, pl. email me.My email address is [email protected]

regards,
    S.Kamalakannan

If any one have the complete circuit diagram for indramat 3TRM2 servo amplifier, pl. email me.My email address is [email protected]

regards,
    S.Kamalakannan