585,766 active members*
4,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

UC400ETH and Mach plugin

I am kind of confused again ,normal state at my age ,anyway is the plugin available for Mach 3, and the UC400ETH and has anyone used it ?
    Good bad or indifferent?

Re: UC400ETH and Mach plugin

That is going to be a question for UCcnc themselves. You need to EMAIL them directly.

(;-) TP

plugin here: http://cncdrive.com/MC/UC300%20full%...oinstaller.zip

im sure it works well

Thanks for the link ,i was able to get it working on a lathe ,however i had to load the plugin as a mill profile and then change screen set to lathe and it works great
    so far everything seems to be working .

It really smoothed the servos out , could not believe how well they are working now ,i will get around to some threading in a little while .

Wish Uccnc had a lathe screen set and profile that you could use a encoder on the spindle , but for now we have to take what we can get.

Yep, the UCCNC is really much smoother than Mach.
    According to the manual you can cut threads with the UCCNC with a lathe with encoder feedback, there are the G33 and G76 codes.
    But I really do not see if they have a lathe screenset, probably not.

I am not sure that UCcnc wanted that released yet . There are still some areas that need attention. Yes the plugin can encoder thread BUT there are still some problems that need to be ironed out. Mach3 has many bugs and quirks on the turn side that cause them to have to create workarounds to run Mach3 functions . I had to rewite teh Mach3 G76 macro in order to make it do threading correctly.

So yes teh Plugin with Mach3 can do encoder threading and rigid tapping with mill BUT it may not be perfect yet.

Yes UCcnc can do encoder threading and rigid tapping with teh UC400 and NO there are not any dedicated Turn Functions yet. BUT you can do turn work to a point. You do have G17/18/19 support.

It would be best to let THEM release teh plugin .

Just a thought, (;-) TP

I don't have a lathe, but have a friend who running the uc400 and uccnc setup, he cuts perfect threads on his large 1500mm old russian lathe.
    He even cut gears using the encoder feedback syncron. The guy is mostly making tools for industrial drilling machines, dwell drilling tools and stuff like that.
    I can ask more details if you guys interested. maybe i can also get some vids from him.

No there is no screen set yet ,it can not project the right screen images either for a lathe ,that is why i had to stay with Mach .
    I am not up on it good enough yet, but i do not see why they allowed the G76 and G33 codes though as you mentioned those are lathe G codes.

More experimentation is needed, i bought another PC because it did not like my old PC's graphics card and would not load, gave me a nasty note and shut down.

I will install it on the new PC tomorrow and see if i can make it work some how , if some one is using Ucnc on a lathe please chime in and give us your experience please.

I would really love to throw Mach 3 out the shop door.

I have been corresponding with them just replied to one of there emails ,that would be great OLF if we could see that and pick his brain a little .
    I believe they are trying to get something done on the lathe front maybe kind of .
    And Balazas ,i am sure i just murdered his name there, he said it would but to be careful with it, i think just experimentation at this point , until they come out with a screen set.

There IS a screenview for XZ and there is a G18 for arcs so yes there is a Turn view just not a dedicated one. You use teh G33 and G76 when you run UCcnc as a lathe. They work well.

You can turn threads lathe style just fine. AND you can rigid tap in Mill style just fine and run a 12 ATC just fine and a power draw bar just fine (;-) and run a lathe ATC turret just fine as well

(;-) TP

Thanks VMAX that gives me some hope i just converted a couple of mills over and i am working on the lathe now i have been spending a lot of time on the lathe the last couple months .
    I have been kind of setting on the fence with Uccnc for a while and watching.
    I saw VISTCNC got there plug in out the other day and i will be buying a couple new pendants shortly, see this is good for everyone, we may have a real winner here after all!

Woffler, will try to get a hold with the guy and will let you know what he has to say about his setup.
    Im not sure if he speaks english though. if he does then I'll ask him if he can register and make some posts here about his setup and experiences.

Thank you Olf any experience we can gleam on this will be helpful ,all it will do is make us stronger and hopefully smarter.

Have a great day !