584,866 active members*
4,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge Conquest 42 parameters and diagnostic needed!!!

Hardinge Conquest 42 parameters and diagnostic needed!!!

Hello to all!!! I'm new in this forum and I'm come from Italy where I actually work for a small company that is interested in turning.

Recently, we bought from a company near here a Hardinge Conquest 42 but in these days we had a big problem due to a fault and, for this reason, we have lost all the parameter of this machine.
    Now we can't work with this machine and in these days I tried to ask to Hardinge's company (in Italy, in Germany and in United States) and Fanuc's company these parameters but everyone sent me just general parameters but neither of them was correct for this machine; I tried also to ask to the company that had the machine previously but no one had these parameters.They also said me that I have to find something similar to my machine and I have to try to upload these new parameters.

For this reason, I think that my only remaining hope is that someone in this forum has a similar machine to mine.

Now, I try to write to everybody the features of my machine:

Hardinge Conquest 42 with Fanuc 0-TC and serial CS - 1357 - C. I have live tooling, bar feed, part catcher, C axis (spindle orient), hydraulic tailstock.

I kindly ask to all if someone has a machine similar to mine if can send me all the parameters and diagnostic and help me!!!

My email address is: [email protected]

Thank you in advance

Re: Hardinge Conquest 42 parameters and diagnostic needed!!!

No consolation, but I am continually surprised at those that buy a CNC machine and either do not ask for the parameters or at least save them immediately, You need the user parameters, the 900 option parameters which are purchased by the OEM, also the 9000 macro's and also any timer settings.
    Also I am surprised that the OEM does not have them based on the serial No. In all the retro-fits I have done, I keep a record of the software.
    As a last resort, you may need a retro-fitter to restore the system, hopefully the ladder is still intact.
    Al..
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thank you Al_The_man for your answer and you are definitely right in what you say; I was wrong in not didi a backup of the machine immediatly, but the company that gave us this machine said us that in all the documentations they gave us there were two disks with the parameters, but I can't find them.
    I can confirm you that the ladder of the machine is ok...could you kindly explain me what is and how work a retro-fitter?

Do you think that with it I can solve my problem?

I just ask you if you have something similar to my machine or you know someone that have something similar that can help me with all the parameters.

Thank you for all

A local retro fitter or someone familiar with initializing the Fanuc control should be able to do it, unfortunately they are rare in most locations and countries.
    It is virtually impossible to re-commision from a distance, if you have not done so already, I would also post in a few of the Machining forums out there for the parameters of the same ver of machine.
    Al..
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thank you for your support Al_The_Man, I have a small experience with CNC and the problem I have was caused from this. Today, I can restore with the help of a technician the 80% of the machine, the only thing that don't work yet is the orientation of the spindle (C axis).

As you suggest me, today I speak with this technician about the figure of a retro-fitter and probably we find one near here that will come to our company in two week and I hope to solve my problem.

Anyway, if you know other forum where I can have some other informations about my machine...your support is very appreciated.

Where are you in the world?
    I may be able to get you the original parameters.
    Who did you talk to in Elmira, NY?
    You will need to print out the parameters, which will be around 100 sheets. And sit at the control for a few hours and punch in all the 8 digit binary code. Slowly and accurately. The machine will slowly come back to life. It is very interesting doing this procedure. You really get to see what some of that code relates to.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    No consolation, but I am continually surprised at those that buy a CNC machine and either do not ask for the parameters or at least save them immediately, You need the user parameters, the 900 option parameters which are purchased by the OEM, also the 9000 macro's and also any timer settings.
    Also I am surprised that the OEM does not have them based on the serial No. In all the retro-fits I have done, I keep a record of the software.
    As a last resort, you may need a retro-fitter to restore the system, hopefully the ladder is still intact.
    Al..
    I used to work at Hardinge and we do keep a backup of all of our machines that we built because I was the one who used to do it. I have left the company and moved south but I have close ties there. Please let me know the SN of your machine and I can try to have your backup parameters emailed to you.thank you, hope this helps !

Hello, I just went thru all of that also. All i need now is the 9000 Macro's from Hardinge but was told by a tech that i need to turn off parameter 10 bit 4 to install the macro's . Can anyone explain how to do that with some detail please ?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkJK View Post
    Hello, I just went thru all of that also. All i need now is the 9000 Macro's from Hardinge but was told by a tech that i need to turn off parameter 10 bit 4 to install the macro's . Can anyone explain how to do that with some detail please ?
    Hello NewYorkJK you need to enable PM private messages so people can communicate with you..email me at [email protected]
    That parameter is to unlock the ability to see and edit 9000 programs
    go to setting page enable the PWE program write enable
    press the param/dgn key and page to param 10.4 then make the bit 4 = 0...xxx0xxxx
    then you will be able to edit the macros

parameter 10 .4 = PRG9 1=protect 0=edit

PRG9 1 : The subprograms with program number 9000 to 9999 are protected.
    The following edit function are disabled.
    (1) Deletion of program
    When the deletion of all program is specified, the programs with
    programs number 9000 to 9999 are not deleted.
    (2) Punch of program
    These subprograms are not punched out when the punch of all
    programs is specified.
    (3) Program number search.

Spiker604
    Just read an old post by you about a Hardinge Conquest 42, I have a problem and can't figure out h to solve, had a tech come in and he wasted three days with no luck. I do have the parameter list and the 900 codes, but I have no PLC showing the diagnostics or logic to be able to trace problem. The machine does not show an error message. If I try and run a program it stops at the first tool call up and won't go further, no error. The spindle does not turn on. I can home the machine and jog in X & Z, I can Rotate Tools in Jog, but no auto function. Any help would be appreciated. The machine number is CS 664, Control Fanuc OT Machine Vintage 1988.
    Phil

hardinge conquest 42 looking for diagnostics

Spiker604
    Just read an old post by you about a Hardinge Conquest 42, I have a problem and can't figure out h to solve, had a tech come in and he wasted three days with no luck. I do have the parameter list and the 900 codes, but I have no PLC showing the diagnostics or logic to be able to trace problem. The machine does not show an error message. If I try and run a program it stops at the first tool call up and won't go further, no error. The spindle does not turn on. I can home the machine and jog in X & Z, I can Rotate Tools in Jog, but no auto function. Any help would be appreciated. The machine number is CS 664, Control Fanuc OT Machine Vintage 1988.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    A local retro fitter or someone familiar with initializing the Fanuc control should be able to do it, unfortunately they are rare in most locations and countries.
    It is virtually impossible to re-commision from a distance, if you have not done so already, I would also post in a few of the Machining forums out there for the parameters of the same ver of machine.
    Al..
    Hello all,
    I have a Haringe conquest 42, and i have lost all parameter machine(parameter machine and Diagnostic parameter). Can anyone help me on them?
    i dont have any backup because when i buy it, this machine does not function. I repair his mofules, and now i dont have any parameters.
    Please help me anyone!!!!
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Tks a lot!!!

Hello , i have the option parameter to turn on the ladder to see on your control screen..But first which Fanuc control do you have ? 0T-A or 0T-B or 0T-C or 0T-D ?? and did you get the machine running? email me the parameters that you have both NC parameters 900 parameters and PMC DGN (DGN 300-900) Tony email me [email protected]

Hello all,
    I have a Haringe conquest T51SP, and i have lost all parameter machine(parameter machine and Diagnostic parameter). Can anyone help me on them? SRAM DATA BACKUP?
    i dont have any backuP.

ANY ONE CAN HELP US
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Sewing View Post
    Spiker604
    Phil
    Hello,
    I am going thru the same issue, I manage to insert the parameters. after that the machine is powered on and always showing the "NOT ready" message.

I learn that I am missing the 900-939 parameters, in your post you said that you have them, can you share those with me?
    Jorge B.
    jorbercnc.com

Post Re: Hardinge Conquest 42 parameters and diagnostic needed!!!

Hello all not sure if anyone on these last post are still active but looking thru discussion you may be able to help me with my problem. I am looking to purchase an older (1998) conquest T42 that has set so long that it lost all its parameters. If I can breath like into it I can pick it up for a really low price. I have reached out to Harding and he gave me some generic parameters since he did not have the exact one even when I gave him the serial number and it will still not come out of estop. I will list information form a post that I posted. if any one can send me there parameters and 9000 programs that have worked thru this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

I am reaching out since I am looking at getting a Older Harding for really cheap with a lot of tooling. The only problem Is it sat for 2 years and lost all the parameters and 9000 programs. I reached out to Harding and they do not have the serial number on file and have been some help. They gave me some parameters that at least got us one step closer but it is not recognizing the spindle drive. Not sure if the parameters they gave me and it has live tooling so the spindle needs to be identified as axis and spindle. I am guessing that is the problem and the odd thing there is no c axis selector on panel but looking at parts they have lying around they there drilling with the x axis. The guys that use to run it in shop moved away and it has sat since. The Alarm that we have now are as follows.

1008 spindle unit fault
    409 servo alarm: (serial error)

If you guys that have any experience with older Harding lathes and could give me some guidance I would greatly apricate it. I Also have not loaded the 9000 programs that he gave me yet. Was trying to get it out of E-stop and teach home position before I did that. I also do not have anything hooked up to it yet to communicate. I may have to hand type soon as I find out how to start a new program on this control yet. I will list machine serial number and controller below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1988 Harding Conquest T42
    Serial number = CS-1114-C
    CONTROLER = FANUC O-T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1671.jpg   IMG_1672 - Copy.jpg   IMG_1673.jpg   IMG_1674 - Copy.jpg  

IMG_1675.jpg  

Hello We have a Hardinge just like yours. We are having issues with the tool setter not being in home position and will not let us home the machine. We do not have the books to this machine and Hardinge has not been helpful at all. Would you happen to have the electrical diagrams to this machine? please let us know it would be extremely helpful. As to parameters if you are in search of parameters maybe we can help each other out Please let me know