585,687 active members*
4,505 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Wisconsin area forming a local informal group
Page 1 of 2 12

Wisconsin area forming a local informal group

Is there anyone I the west central Wisconsin area interested in forming a local informal group?

Steve Jackson
    Menomonie

Hi Steve,

What sort of group are you thinking? I lived in the Menomonie area several years back. Currently live in the Twin Cities but get out that way now and then.

Robert

Hi Robert:

We moved from Lino Lakes to Menomonie about two years ago. I built a house and a shop. I was thinking of at least an informal network, if there is the interest maybe a formal club.

Steve

I am in central central WI. Would probably be more from around here as the local tech college seems to be cancelling the night classes all the time now that they have to have 11 students or no go.

JP

I am in the lacross area.

Mostly goof around with emc2
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25929
    http://www.electronicsam.com/images/KandT/DSCgantry.JPG
    http://www.electronicsam.com/images/...axisubuntu.png
    http://www.electronicsam.com/images/...DSCCurrent.JPG

really busy right now with selling/buying a house but hope to have more time in the future.

sam

I'm a newbie to all of this but would like to learn from someone local if possible. I live in Fort Atkinson, but work in Madison and would be willing to travel occasionally.

I run a small job shop in NorthEastern Wisconsin. If there is good fishing nearby or on the way, we will travel.....

I'm down in Dousman (half way between milwaukee and madison) but would have no problem coming up.

Sparta here, about 25 mi east of Lacrosse. Count me in
    B.

Willing to accept folks from the Twin Cities area?

And active with the St. Croix RR in Hudson, WI.

Mark:

No problem, we are starting to get some interest. If a few more people come aboard we can try to get together, or at least do a survey and see what people are interested in.

Stev

West Allis/Milwaukee

Hello, West Allis here, just west of Milwaukee. I'd like to hear more about it!
    Rev.

New to this but willing to learn

I'm in the Twin Cities but traveling to Wisconsin isn't out of the question.

I'm new to the whole CNC thing, but not to AutoCAD. I've done some light programming, made small electronics (with PCBs I made personally). I'm mainly interested in making one for my woodshop, which is strictly for personal enjoyment and the creation of woodchips.

Anyone still intrested in this because i know i am Im in the lacrosse area and work with a cnc router right now. and would love to do more machining on all types. I am willing to travel any distance to meet with a group. I would rely like to learn from someone in person reather then a class. Any info or help would be loved.

thanks
    Rory

Evansville twenty miles south of Madison. I teach CNC right know but am interested in build my own CNC bridgeport. Might be interested in joining.

Manitowoc, WI here.

Running one mill and building another from scratch. Always interested in networking... Western WI may be a bit far to travel but Central WI wouldn't be out of the question.

I'm in Madison, WI.

I'm new to milling and CNC but not to electronics or control software.
    I just picked up a Grizzly X2 mini mill and added a DRO-350 to it. I'm currently working on adding stepper motors and controlling it with EMC2 and Linux.

--
    Jason

I'm in Jefferson, I built one complete machine have 2 running and 3 in pieces, if I can help let me know. Not a professional, just having fun playing around.

so looks like we have a few more people looking into this so what is the point at where we could meet maybe? set up a group or at least start talking more often.

Rory
    I'm young and I'm just trying to learn from people that know.

I am located in Ripon, WI

From what I see If we could meet in Maustin, WI It is on the interstate for quick to get to Thelonget drives (time wise) would be Waytags in Manitowoc, WI and me In Ripon, WI. (due to non interstate roads to travel) Everyone else is on or very near an interstate.

I would very much like to get involved in a group.

If this would work the next hurdle is a room to meet in and a time.

Page 1 of 2 12