585,712 active members*
4,103 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G.Weike LG900N or LC6090

After a bit of a break, I'm back to searching for a laser for hobby use only which will be used to engrave wood, acrylic, glass, and marble as well as cutting acrylic and wood. I've decided to import directly from China and after considering several vendors, I'm now leaning toward ordering one from G. Weike with a Reci 80W or 100W tube. The Reci 100W doesn't cost much more, so I was leaning in that direction.

I have been considering the LG900N, but recently read a review someone did on the LC6090. The reviewer was impressed with the LC6090, comparing the engraving favorably to an Epilog that he had been using. So now the question I have is would the LC6090 be a better choice for an all around engraving/cutting machine? I know that these are the same size (600X900) but have no idea what is different and if one is better than the other. If anyone has any feedback or can provide some guidance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alan

wklaserliu Guest

Re: G.Weike LG900N or LC6090

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    After a bit of a break, I'm back to searching for a laser for hobby use only which will be used to engrave wood, acrylic, glass, and marble as well as cutting acrylic and wood. I've decided to import directly from China and after considering several vendors, I'm now leaning toward ordering one from G. Weike with a Reci 80W or 100W tube. The Reci 100W doesn't cost much more, so I was leaning in that direction.

I have been considering the LG900N, but recently read a review someone did on the LC6090. The reviewer was impressed with the LC6090, comparing the engraving favorably to an Epilog that he had been using. So now the question I have is would the LC6090 be a better choice for an all around engraving/cutting machine? I know that these are the same size (600X900) but have no idea what is different and if one is better than the other. If anyone has any feedback or can provide some guidance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alan
    HI Alan,

I jsut now give you email .

please check my meial, then you will see.

and for LG900N and LC690 diffrence i al list in email. you can chosoe any modles.

Quiven form Gweike

[email protected]

No offense intended, but there wasn't anything that helped me understand the differences.

Does anyone else here with knowledge of G. Weike machines have anything to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by wklaserliu View Post
    HI Alan,

I jsut now give you email .

please check my meial, then you will see.

and for LG900N and LC690 diffrence i al list in email. you can chosoe any modles.

Quiven form Gweike

[email protected]

wklaserliu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    No offense intended, but there wasn't anything that helped me understand the differences.

Does anyone else here with knowledge of G. Weike machines have anything to offer?
    HI Alan,

I now guess thta is not your meial, all hte tine i conatct with Doons, i think you are same person, i had emialed him, he laso ask our LG900N and LC6090 machines difference.

can you add my skype or write a emial to me then i can write all difference to you.

Quiven form Gwieke laser
    [email protected]

Hey all, I have the same question on which machine would be the better buy. I'm looking at buying a G Weike laser for engraving oak and etching wine glasses. On the website it refers to the 900N as a laser engraver and the 6090 as a cutter. I'm assuming this is because the 6090 takes higher power tubes capable of cutting. Other than that does anyone have insights as to advantages of one of these machines over the other?

thanks so much for any info!

Mitch

A 80 watt is a good all around machine, or even a 60 the 50 watt machines on eBay as everyone has found out by now are just barely a good 40 watt or less. The venders turn up the power supply to get something close to 50 watts but it burns the tube out and when you go to replace you will find out all about wattage, power supplies and tube length!

A Chinese machine with a glass tube and stepper motors will never be as fast as a RF machine from a US maker, or a Trotec which is the speed king for engraving at high speed. But very pricey.

When you go to large on an engraving machine, the dot size is somewhat larger and you have issues firing the tube at low wattage needed for some items. It may or may not fire depending on the tube and HV power supply. If your just going to cut, go for more power and forget engraving on wood, glass, acrylic, and Corian, You will just burn. YMMV.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Based on the website info the LC6090 comes with a camera for positioning. Other than that there is not much difference - it's mainly in the chassis. I have owned a LC6090 in the past (not with a camera) and have a LG900N now. You can add a more powerful tube to both machines. It's just a matter of bolting on a housing extension. My LG900N has a 110W tube. Nicely built machine that I am very happy with.