585,925 active members*
3,435 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Solutions to Plastics Injection Molding & Die Casting in China

Solutions to Plastics Injection Molding & Die Casting in China

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Alex Zhu. I work in the sales department of the Chinese Company “IDC Engineering Company Limited”. I am mainly in charge of sales and marketing to overseas

Now, I tell something about our company. The headquarter of my company is in Shanghai China. Our basic product is the plastic injection molding, die casting. We have also some other products such as CNC machining, stamping, lost wax casting, blow molding, plastic & metal extrusion, fiberglass products, etc.

Because of the low personnel and raw material cost, the price of plastic injection mold in China is less expensive than in Overseas. So, many companies would like to buy it from China and have a long term partnership with Chinese mold manufacturer. I have seen from internet that your company probably has some demands of mold supporting. Thus, I would on behalf of my company to introduce us to you. Here below is some information of our core business for your reference.

Tooling, Processing and Assembly
    » Save 30%-45% on Plastics Tooling and Injection Molding in Shanghai China.
    » One-stop solution to reliable plastics mold-making and production services.
    » In house injection machines, with a range of 90-1000 tons.
    » ISO certified facilities in China to meet your tooling requirements
    » Quality system running to ISO 9001 standard, and rated excellent by major corporations.
    Product Design and Tool Design
    » Cost-effective and quick turn around on 2D and 3D engineering prints from your descriptions or product samples We accept various kinds of software in doing engineering works such as UG, Solid work, Pro/E ( *.dxf, *.igs, *.step, *,dwg, etc) to facilitate the technical communication between you and IDC.
    » In-house Design engineering teams, specializing in product development, tool making and packaging design, shortens time to market.
    » Cost effective and rapid Tool Design services by engineering teams.
    Project Management and Quality Assurance
    » Progress Reporting and Digital photo video reporting throughout tooling and production.
    » Shanghai based inspection and operations team focused on meeting customer expectations.
    » Full material inspection prior to production, random during production tests every hour, and 100% checks on all the products we export
    » Logistics support of shipping, export regulations, duty, taxes, and all other requirements for International commerce.
    Rapid Prototyping Solutions
    IDC Pre-Molding Services produce the finest Rapid Prototyping solutions available. Multiple machines allow us to accept a large volume of work while providing quick turnaround on every project.

I hope that we can provide our professional services to help you overcome those barriers and the satisfied price to cost down the budget of your company in the near future. Moreover, we are confident to provide you the best solution whatever in the aspect of designing, production and quality controlling, etc. With our experienced engineering team and sourcing team, we are, basically, capable to work out the quotation accurately upon your requirements and standards within 12 hours.

And if you want to know more about our company, please visit our website.
    http://www.idctsr.com

I am looking forward to hear from you in the near future.

Best Regards

Sales representative: Alex Zhu

IDC Engineering Company Limited
    Address: 137 Bailan Road, Room-1301 Building-A, Putuo District Shanghai China
    Postal Code: 200063
    Tel: 86-21-52713116
    Fax: 86-21-52713117
    Email: [email protected]

(Because of the low personnel and raw material cost, the price of plastic injection mold in China is less expensive than in Overseas. So, many companies would like to buy it from China and have a long term partnership with Chinese mold manufacturer. I have seen from internet that your company probably has some demands of mold supporting.)

Thank you very much . Our toolroom close last week. Now i am out of work.

Do you use lead paint?Go away,too many molds have been built in China and to tell you the truth I am not impressed by the quality.My shop has had to rebuild 15 molds in the last year that were made in China.We charge time and material for the repair work so its costing the customer.I think in the future more and more molds and dies will come back to America,just for the quality and shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by rharter52 View Post
    I think in the future more and more molds and dies will come back to America,just for the quality and shipping costs.

I hope this happen very soon. Our company used to build quality injection moulds and tooling. Now we do only repair work which is sux.

Quality sytem running too...

Beware of quality assurance, of what ever you get made (u no wear).
    » Quality system running to(o) .... but not really.
    They can't even run their spell checker.
    I spent many days testing 4000 transformers bought from UK @$3.50 each. in a box marked made in China. UK people appologised heaps. but after first batch of 1000 transformers we could not trust quality, although the following 3000 were made in UK. They said suppliers machine not set correctly!. 2.8KV rated parts breaking down at 500vAC. Reject rate only 0.5%. Very hard to find why we had a big blowup every 200-300 complex units made and tested. How much did the UK save. Cost us $10,000's with a few failures, fault finding and un-planned work.
    Original supplied part looked and tested like the samples.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

More recalls from China today,what a shock.Go some where else to solicit for mold work and leave us working guys alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If possible you guys should stop fixing these molds. Were cutting our own throats, why would a customer stop buying from china if he can easly get that tool serviced here? We always turn thoughs jobs down. Its not worth it in the long term. I do understand some of you need the work, so good luck but please think about it.

Sig

I hear you and agree with you.Most of the molds we are repairing have never run right and the customer pays top dollar for us to get it up and running.It's hard to turn down the repair work especially when most of the new work goes offshore.I don't think the Chinese know anything about polishing or flash chrome plating.Most of there mold frames seem to be made out of boilerplate,they are garbage.But, you are right we are cutting our own throat.I live and work in NJ and 75% of the mold and die shops have closed in the last 10 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by SIG View Post
    If possible you guys should stop fixing these molds. Were cutting our own throats, why would a customer stop buying from china if he can easly get that tool serviced here? We always turn thoughs jobs down. Its not worth it in the long term. I do understand some of you need the work, so good luck but please think about it.
    If done right, fixing the mold can give these companies a great platform to sell the benefits of buying local. It's probably not cheaper in the long run to get these parts repaired after the fact. They know they made a mistake so it should be an easy sell. If it's still cheaper, then oh well...they have to do what's best for them.

The funny thing is that most of the discount is all false perception. We work with call centers overseas (yuk, I know) and they cost as much or more than what it would cost to do locally. I've tried to explain the math to the bosses and some of them just don't get it...they feel like big time players sending the work overseas.

Based on that, I wonder if you could put a sign over your machine shop called China and tell people that it's made in china so they feel warm and fuzzy about getting a good deal. You could just give them a 25% discount for labor, and a 25% increase for shipping.