584,814 active members*
5,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!
Page 4 of 19 2345614

Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Nice Chris,
    Lovely machine, and I fully agree with the customizability of CNC vs fixed industrial controllers.

May she bring you years of joy and fun though, awesome buy

Cheers,
    Beano

Quote Originally Posted by MrBean_pm View Post
    Nice Chris,
    Lovely machine, and I fully agree with the customizability of CNC vs fixed industrial controllers.

May she bring you years of joy and fun though, awesome buy

Cheers,
    Beano
    Thanks!! 👍

I hope so too!!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Very nice looking machine!

Could you share which suppliers you used for all the tooling?

I'm assuming it still hasn't showed?

Also yea I haven't had the money or time to mess with this stuff lately I bought a classic car and I've been doing a lot of restoration to it so no time or money lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post

Also yea I haven't had the money or time to mess with this stuff lately I bought a classic car and I've been doing a lot of restoration to it so no time or money lol.
    Has not landed yet, scheduled for first week of October.. Very excited and ready for it to get here. Ended up having a slight delay in shipping waiting for the correct freighter route to run to get it to my port so it ended up departing early last week.

Some pictures :

Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post

Lcvette,

Curious, what is the port of destination?

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    Has not landed yet, scheduled for first week of October.. Very excited and ready for it to get here. Ended up having a slight delay in shipping waiting for the correct freighter route to run to get it to my port so it ended up departing early last week.

Some pictures :

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Port of Wilmington, NC

I was just informed that it will come in to NY and then be railed or trucks to my port. All paid for by manufacturer still though. I would up hiring a broker due to time constraints, cost was nominal and covered the bond and all ISF filling as well as anything required to file after that for clearing customs. Was told the customs duties and taxes will be about 3.8-4% total of the invoice amount for this import code.

Now just have to hope these hurricanes calm down...lol

Chris

I was hoping this was your thread! I didn't know it ran path pilot and has pretty much the same linux based controller, I looked at a similar, smaller setup, slightly larger than an 1100, and it ran on a siemens controller, I think, but it was probably half the cost of the machine. I'm really big in path pilot, I know that sounds kind of lame but I use it a lot and would prefer a cheap, simple controller.
    Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any news yet buddy? I may be more excited about this than you are....well close anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by tbev View Post
    Any news yet buddy? I may be more excited about this than you are....well close anyways..

Still floating in the big blue sea. Due to land in NY Sept. 29th. Then by land to Wilmington I think they have decided. Trust me I'm more then excited, but I'm also needing it..lol. Many get here soon enough.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That sure would be a nice surprise huh!

I wanted to give a quick update on everything so far with requests to logistics and shipping fees.

To date i have paid in the following fees, duties, taxes and customs clearance costs.

I ended up using a broker as business was very busy and I felt the relatively inexpensive cost was worth it.

Broker fee with ISF Filing and bond: $220.00
    Taxes, duties, customs fees total: $720.00
    Shipping company fees: $500.00
    Load on trailer fee at home port $100.00

Normally, this would be it and all fees would be settled and the total to take the machine by my own trailer out of the port would be:. $1540.00

Which is what I budgeted for with some cushion thankfully! Because of course my luck, the container carrying the machine was flagged for customs inspection. I'm waiting for a total on what that will be and what kind of inspection it will be, X-Ray (cheaper), or intensive physical inspection (more expensive).

The way inspections are billed, the entire container is charged and the bill is split by the cargo owners based on cubic volume occupied. So in the case of a 40' container carrying my machine crate, which is about 9' X 6.5' X 7, I should figure roughly 1/4th of the total bill (pending its full with other cargo, I hope at least).

For the X-Ray inspection I was told about $750-1250 for the container, and for an intensive inspection I was told about $1500-2000.

So if I catch a break and the container is full, I will be looking at an inspection charge of anywhere from $180 - $500. And a delay in delivery to my home port of about 3-4 days. Cross your fingers for me is the lesser of the possible charges. 😂

All in all its still cheaper at this point then the cross country transport quotes i received for a FADAL 3016 prior to setting on this machine. So it is what it is and this is good Bonafide information for anyone considering overseas shipping on a large machine which is what this thread is meant to be about, the total experience from initial quote to being delivered and up running and tested!

Getting close, it is in NY at the moment and just waiting for inspection clearance for the updated ETA it will arrive at my port!

Chris

Is that for real ? You get charged for Customs doing their job?
    Shame they just don't privatise the whole service then they can check EVERY crate, make shed loads of cash and stop illegals and substances entering - pay them by percentage!
    Whats the betting they do the x-ray - see something and do the intensive as well - rather your pocket book than mine friend!

Quote Originally Posted by kawazuki View Post
    Is that for real ? You get charged for Customs doing their job?
    Shame they just don't privatise the whole service then they can check EVERY crate, make shed loads of cash and stop illegals and substances entering - pay them by percentage!
    Whats the betting they do the x-ray - see something and do the intensive as well - rather your pocket book than mine friend!
    Yeah, seriously... I was a bit surprised when I got the notifications especially after had already settled all other payments and was feeling good about it.

I have had to pay in the past for inspections but it was on a small cargo single pallet and the cost ended up being only about $40. I would advise anyone considering importing to be honest on your declarations as any issues found can result in serious fines.

Also it should be noted that making sure your ISF filing MUST be submitted 48 hours prior to your shipment leaving the port of departure. Failure to file the ISF forms now days WILL result in a fine of $5000.00. Note that the time zone for that filing is based on the departure port, so if ETD is Monday 10am in China, it needs to be filed by 10am Saturday China time (10pm EST Friday, USA).

Customs and Border aprotection takes the ISF filing very serious now so be certain if you haven't done this before to get the documents from the shipper in plenty of time especially if it's going to be close to the weekend. The timing is easily done via a broker or through your local port. It must be filed through a special system so if you want to do it yourself you need to research that ahead if time.

Other points of interest at to be sure your proforma invoices are properly configured for accurate customs duties and taxes. If being shipped CIF, be sure the manufacturer has appropriately separated the cost of the machine and the shipping fees so you only pay on the actual cost of goods being imported.

For logistics, I made sure to specify my local port. Even though the shipping company they used did not ship to my port, the final destination was my port and was the responsibility of the manufacturer to cover costs to have the product arrive at my specified destination port. This means they covered transport from NY to NC. The method of transport is at their discretion so it can go by truck, rail or boat.

This saved me substantial costs in the long run. If you are inland, it may be a good idea to have delivery to your local freight shipping docks. This may cost a little more but having the logistics taken care of simplified what is required by you and you will be given an ETA of availability to pickup or have a rigger pickup and bring your machine to your place of business/shop/house etc..

Hope this information helps anyone considering following this route!

Chris

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanx for taking the time to cover every last detail, I'm seriously considering it, if you like it I'm about 80%, sure I'm going to pull the trigger as well. I hope it works out a well as possible my friend, I can't wait!

Well.. as I figured would happen its been escalated to an "Intensive inspection". This means a longer delay and a higher inspection and possibly storage cost. All I can do is wait and hope to have them get through its inspection quickly and get it on the way. It is what it is I suppose. Here's to hoping!

Chris

That sucks, but I guess it's to be expected. Thanks for the update buddy.

Well, verdict is in, exam is finished and I just wired the exam and logistics fees.. was more than I hoped to have to pay but it could have been worse I suppose. At least it's back moving towards me!!

The break down of the exam charges invoice:

Exam fee: $585.66 (this goes to the customs border protection private contractor)

DDC Charge: $100.32
    I.T. Charge: $35.00
    Handling charge: $135.00
    Security fee: $25.00
    Stripping charge: $156.75
    Chassis: $100.32
    Toll fee: $25.08
    Wire transfer fee: $25.00
    Write transfer fees from my Bank: $20.00

Total accrued cost: $1203.13

These fees are paid to the shipping company for delivering the cargo to the exam facility. Hurts a bit..lol but all part of the importing process and potential costs that can be accrued along the way. So this at least gives a worst case scenario so anyone interested can be prepared. Ideally I would have preferred to not pay the exam bill, but I am still in good shape as far as projected costs for the purchase so... C'est la vie!

Will update as I am updated!!

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    Hurts a bit..lol but all part of the importing process and potential costs that can be accrued along the way. So this at least gives a worst case scenario so anyone interested can be prepared. Ideally I would have preferred to not pay the exam bill, but I am still in good shape as far as projected costs for the purchase so... C'est la vie!
    It is always unfortunate with all the extra costs incurred, especially since you thought you worked everything out already.

The good thing is your still well under what a comparative CNC milling machine would be.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final result once you have it in your place.

Is their anything other than the ordinary (levelling, degreasing, software programming) you have to do before you fire the machine up?

Make sure you take plenty of videos when you receive it.

Comparative CNC???
    This machine is in a class on its own.
    Funny how the tax man always rears it's ugly head just when you think you got it all covered.

Page 4 of 19 2345614