585,982 active members*
4,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TAKE CARE of SOLUSTAN

Some time ago - about 2 years -we bought few Solustan`s LinkMotin Virtual Drivers for laser machines.
    Everything was fine until we had a problem with this product.
    After many mails to Solustan and weeks of waiting I got an answer:
    "We do not support this product any longer. Check your settings"

That is American way of earnig money.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Get even the American Way, sue them!
    I have bought and installed their new Agni laser controller just a short time ago. And it seems to be doing quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by cinematic2 View Post
    Some time ago - about 2 years -we bought few Solustan`s LinkMotin Virtual Drivers for laser machines.
    Everything was fine until we had a problem with this product.
    After many mails to Solustan and weeks of waiting I got an answer:
    "We do not support this product any longer. Check your settings"

That is American way of earnig money.

Some time ago they were selling MPC6515 with Solustan software.
    Ask them for any help now :-)
    Forget it.

Re: TAKE CARE of SOLUSTAN

I would avoid Solustan at all costs. My company here in the UK spent thousands of dollars with them on their AGNI laser controller. It never worked properly and crashes constantly. I dealt with a guy called Dhiren, who is a pain to deal with as he never admits there are known bugs in this system - Avoid!

I warned 4 years ago. You should have read about Solustan BEFORE you spent your money.

Quote Originally Posted by cinematic2 View Post
    I warned 4 years ago. You should have read about Solustan BEFORE you spent your money.
    The worst thing about this is that I did read the forums before making a purchase, however; I decided to call them up and find out exactly what development had been done to address the know issues. I was ASSURED that it was by far superior to anything else available and offered features that would give excellent performance close to that of ULS / Epilog ect. Initial tests cutting simple vectors were promising...

It was only after attempting to use the system for more complex jobs (literally more than just a few simple shapes/lines) that the errors become apparent. The system takes ages to process jobs (Send the G-code files to the machine controller) - probably 20 minutes to send the data needed for engraving a small raster image (thats before you have even cut anything, and thats if it doesn't crash before completing)

An update was sent to "resolve" this after about 6 months of arguments with Dhiren, who wouldn't initially admit there was a problem, this new update (version 718) now crashes even more, and during jobs, meaning large sheets of materials are wasted.

It never follows the set cut order (by RGB colour), misses whole aspects of our drawings and has very poor cut quality on complex shapes - the acceleration values for the axis are impossible to set - its either way too fast, or very slow, which causes burning if the system is paused or on corners.

I was basically told that this is not their problem and that it due to a Microsoft update - they were unable to tell me which update specifically, and after re-installing everything, disabling updates and trying the software on multiple PC's the faults all still remain.

To add further insult, Dhiren always manages to side-step answering questions in an honest and relevant manner, and claims he "needs more information" this is after over a year of sending fault reports and technical specs.

I guess this is another warning to AVOID this company in 2016!