584,829 active members*
4,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mitsubishi controls > Akira Seiki M64 Tool Change Problem After Parameter Loss

Akira Seiki M64 Tool Change Problem After Parameter Loss

So the battery backup went out on my 2002 Akira Seiki V3 AXP mill and I had to re-enter all the parameters from the hard copy backup. A Mitsubishi tech came out to set the option parameters since I didn't have access to those. All is now well except for a weird problem with the side arm tool changer: When I type M6 Tnn to go to a new tool, the drum will rotate to the correct tool and the pot will drop then the machine just waits indefinitely. It doesn't alarm out, just sits there waiting for something. The only way to complete the tool change is to reset, then enter execute the M6 Tnn command again- this will make the tool change go one step further then it waits again. If I keep repeating this reset/go it will eventually complete the tool change then all is normal. I just found out I can also make it complete the change by hitting the MLK (machine lock) button to toggle machine lock on and off- Every time I do this the tool change advances one more step. We tried tool changer recovery and reinitialize with no results.

Mitsubishi hasn't come up with a reason for it and no reply from Akira. We used to have a program o9001 (or 9000 maybe) but that is gone now and we didn't have a backup. It seems like the tool change is all handled in the ladder side since it will step thru it kind of, but maybe we need the o9001 to complete this? Can someone with a similar Mitsubishi controlled side arm ATC machine post their program o9001?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Troy

Re: Akira Seiki M64 Tool Change Problem After Parameter Loss

Dear Troy
    I have just bought a used Akira Seiki Performa V 2 2000 model with Mitsubishi Meldas M 64.

During installation its parameters were lost . Luckily we were able to put in lost parameters .

We are facing one problem in it that the Swing Arm go till spindle but it stucks there . Somebody suggested me to go for ATC recovery mode.

But unfortunately i don't have Akira Seiki performa V 2 user manual or any other book.

It will be of great help if you can tell how to recover ATC . so that i can get my machine up and running.

e

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_O View Post
    So the battery backup went out on my 2002 Akira Seiki V3 AXP mill and I had to re-enter all the parameters from the hard copy backup. A Mitsubishi tech came out to set the option parameters since I didn't have access to those. All is now well except for a weird problem with the side arm tool changer: When I type M6 Tnn to go to a new tool, the drum will rotate to the correct tool and the pot will drop then the machine just waits indefinitely. It doesn't alarm out, just sits there waiting for something. The only way to complete the tool change is to reset, then enter execute the M6 Tnn command again- this will make the tool change go one step further then it waits again. If I keep repeating this reset/go it will eventually complete the tool change then all is normal. I just found out I can also make it complete the change by hitting the MLK (machine lock) button to toggle machine lock on and off- Every time I do this the tool change advances one more step. We tried tool changer recovery and reinitialize with no results.

Mitsubishi hasn't come up with a reason for it and no reply from Akira. We used to have a program o9001 (or 9000 maybe) but that is gone now and we didn't have a backup. It seems like the tool change is all handled in the ladder side since it will step thru it kind of, but maybe we need the o9001 to complete this? Can someone with a similar Mitsubishi controlled side arm ATC machine post their program o9001?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Troy

Hi,

To enter the ATC recover mode push keys: Reset, Handle Mode, Monitor, Menu (until you see PLC-SW), PLC-SW soft key, Enter "1", Input, turn single block mode on. No you can push the Feed-Hold button to complete the toolchange (hold down will complete, push a little at a time will jog). When complete, turn ATC recovery by going back to PLC-SW and entering 1 again.

Best to remove tool first if possible otherwise put padding on table in case it drops one.

Hope this helps,
    -Troy

hi troy, did you solve your problem?

Hello everone

i have a cnc machine fulland 2005 model meldas 60 s. I load bacup from casset. But now mocro program gone and machine not change the tool. Could you please help me.

Did any of yall get the solution figure out? I am on the hunt for an All1 file for my Acra AVMC-1020E so I can get this machine going again. I have the Para200 file along with the ladder but without the "options" this machine is dead in the water as far as making parts go.

To solve this issue in the post we ended up getting the original parameter file from someone who had an old contact at the Akira dealer (We had a mitsubishi rep out who found the info). I believe the issue was that the option parameters for the machine needed to be restored. Not sure who to contact for your Acra but the Mitsubishi people seem to have relationships with a lot of resellers and manufacturer's so they may be able to find the original parameter file for you. Good luck.