585,717 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: Anyone own one of these? microSD card control box

But you will need to turn the "0" in the "Enable" column to "1" for each axis that has home switches. Depending on the switch setup you will might need to change the "H/L" from "0" to a "1" to get it to work.
    Reckon that is the key.

Cheers
    Roger

Yes Roger, that was the Key :-)

At the rear of the machine I have 2 connectors, the Alligator Clamp I don't have a clue what its for while the other one is what I guess the Probe Sensor connect so ( It fits )

Attachment 324080

Do a continuity check between the alligator clip and the box ground. It may be that you need to put the clip on whatever bit of metal you are probing.
    Alternately, the alligator clip could be in parallel with the probe, so that you can clip it to a cutter and use that as a probe for Z=0 against earthed metal.
    A bit of experimenting should sort that out.

Cheers
    Roger

PERFECT Roger, I clipped it to the Aluminium Bed and tested the Probe Settting with success this time. In the attached Image, the "Probe" now works as its suppose to. The "Return to Zero" returns the Z axis down to the Probe Sensor without Error. The "Return to PZero" raises the Spindle until it hits the top Limit Switch and of cause trips the Reset. Where is "PZero" suppose to be?

Attachment 324086

I have never heard of 'PZero' before. It may mean 'Machine Zero' in Mach3 terms, in which case you have a couple of choices.
    You could define machine zero as being just below the upper limit switch - that is very common.
    You might be able to define the upper limit switch as being the Z Home as well as the Z Limit switch, so that 'Ref All Home' works, but maybe not.
    Otherwise, you could define the Machine Zero anywhere you want - I think.
    Is there a PZero for X and Y?
    Alternately
    Does PZero mean 'Program Zero'?
    I define all the program zeros wherever I want them - always relative to the workpiece.

Cheers
    Roger

What Roger said...

I would set the machine limits before going further, then you will know if it is actually trying going to the correct Z height etc? You should be able to jog the machine from one end to the other and set the limits from the readout position so they dont quite hit the hard limit switches.

Shannon.

I ordered one of these for a little filament winding machine I've built. It pretty much runs the same program each time (except if you change lengths) so 'code on SD card' is a good approach. I'll post results.
    PK

Another Image for understanding the Control

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1483_20160616.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Big S View Post
    What Roger said...

I would set the machine limits before going further, then you will know if it is actually trying going to the correct Z height etc? You should be able to jog the machine from one end to the other and set the limits from the readout position so they dont quite hit the hard limit switches.

Shannon.
    Have done this ( see Attaached ) the only concern was Z didn't seem to want to listen to these settings and still continued to go further down or up? I tried the Probe Setting again but this didn't stop so I seem to have lost this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SoftLimits.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	324122

Quote Originally Posted by pk7639 View Post
    I ordered one of these for a little filament winding machine I've built. It pretty much runs the same program each time (except if you change lengths) so 'code on SD card' is a good approach. I'll post results.
    PK
    Good to hear someone else with the same Control :-)

Hi Ken

> the only concern was Z didn't seem to want to listen to these settings
    Oh, the Z axis is listening all right: you have the Enabled flags set to OFF (0). So the Limits are being ignored.
    Try setting the Z Limit Enabled flags to ON (1) and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers
    Roger

OK, have learnt how to rest the SoftLimits so that XY are both at 0.000. With the Z Axis, is the 0.000 suppose to be the max. Height or do I move the Z Axis to touch the bed and then set the 0.000 to there? either way I seemed to get problems so for now I have set the SoftLimits to 0 to turn off the Z Axis.

The Settings are
    X- -0.001 and X+ 385
    Y- -0.001 and Y+ 570
    so that gives me a cutting area of 570x385mm

Tried to run a file and it reset on this Line N40 G94 G00 X20.0 Z50.0

Looking at this I can't see why an error could have happened?

Attachment 324280
    Attachment 324282

'Bout all I can suggest is that you have the Z limits DISabled, but you were trying to move the Z axis. Was that meant to be the Y axis?
    No idea why that should fault or reset, but you could experiment.

Hey - look at all the progress and learning you have made. Keep going!

Cheers
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Hey - look at all the progress and learning you have made. Keep going!
    Cheers
    Roger
    Yes, lots learnt which I needed to know and understand anyway :-) So when reseting Z Axis, do I set 0.000 on the Max. Height or Max. Depth?

Ah well ... no simple answer.

On my machine, hitting a limit switch is only possible in one direction. That does a full eStop. In the other direction the movement is 'jammed', and the servo motor faults - which also does a full eStop. I simply have never got around to setting up soft limits, for X or Y or Z.

In the meantime, I often set the Z=0 at the top of whatever I am machining, and travel always in the -Z direction. This seems to be a convention. But in a single (semi-production) run I might use 4 different cutters, so I reset Z=0 for each cutter. If I was using BT30 tooling I could calibrate each cutter; if I had an ATC I could fully automate the whole thing. But I am using a BT30-ER25 conversion, so I reset the Z axis with each cutter by hand. I can usually do this to about 5 microns, certainly to 10 microns. This seems enough for what I am doing.

Bottom line: your machine: you choose.

Cheers
    Roger

I bought a machine from a firm which owns the ChinaCNCzone website. The 6040 I have isn't perfect, as the bearings they use to retain the XY ballscrews have a lot of slop, and the design doesn't easily permit to have a"fixed" end of a ballscrew. I'd be careful, I'm working with them on a potential fix and am glad I used Paypal.

Finally gotten a few dry runs of shapes working except for the Z Axis, seems I am in reverse as watching the Spindle its going upwards to cut and Downwards to Travel. So How to Reverse the Z Axis?????

Either swap motor leads (if stepper, only one set) or flip the direction bit in the config.

Cheers
    Roger

Like Roger said.. there should be a setup screen where you can change travel directions etc?

Good to hear you are making progress and earning some sweat equity

Shannon.

Can't swap motor leads as the plug only goes on 1 way so its a Setting I need to change, just looking through them all to find the correct screen ......

Page 3 of 4 1234