586,009 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > STARTUP FOR CINCINNATI MILACRON SABRE 500 - HEIDENHAIN 360R

STARTUP FOR CINCINNATI MILACRON SABRE 500 - HEIDENHAIN 360R

Hello All:wave:

I have just purchased a Cincinnati Sabre 500 with Heidenhain 360R controller, Fanuc drives/motors.

I was running a Bridgeport interact 2, but being a one man shop, more automation is needed and the Cincinnati has a tool carousel.

I get the axes to home/align with the align button, the diplay then requests for posn tool pocket 1 over spindle. I press the align button again and nothing.

Then I try the drum(tool changer carousel) move to spindle button, there is a click from a mechanism in the tool drum somewhere, but nothing, no errors.

The main question here is; could someone detail the exact sequence for home/align after the axes are homed.

The spindle does raise to upper limit, to allow for tool changer.

Is anything amiss, or any advice forthcoming, any would be of help.

Could be a simple resolution for some, anyway folks, thank you in advance.

I have user and programming manual, any schematics, diagrams would be of help.

Many thanks

Ian

Re: STARTUP FOR CINCINNATI MILACRON SABRE 500 - HEIDENHAIN 360R

You may need to rotate ( jog ) the tool drum to tool #1 aligned with the spindle to complete the alignment.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Thank you for the update, would I do this before swinging the tool drum under the spindle ?

Or should I try whilst parked, as at the moment I cannot get the tool drum under the spindle, just sits there

Any more help would be great

Thanks

Ian

UPDATE !!

Further to previous replies, I have noted:

Trying to swing the tool drum, causes error "manual mode/Upper limit",this message says the either/both that the machine is not in manual mode and/or spindle not on upper limit. There are a couple of micro switches - HW limit switches - one is for the emergency stop and the other I would have thought is a homing switch. The homing switch, when I short this, I can then move the tooldrum, position the pocket and finish align and run a test program, all is fine. However, when I ask for a tool change does look as though I get that message again to be in manual mode or to traverse to upper limit.

Looks as if the issue is with the machine homing on a SW limit switch and the spindle is not reaching the position to trip the micro switch or a SW limit needs to be programmed. Tested micro switches and they are all fine. This leaves me with the question of the setting for the spindle position moving to the upper limit for auto tool changing. I should quickly mention the spindle does rotate to the correct position for a tool change.

I have looked in parameters 910 - 930, but I cannot acsertain as to which are used, does anyone know the value of there parameters to give me an idea for the limits and the traverse over ref points parameter ?

I mentioned a clicking noise, I put this down to my bad hearing, it was the clicking for the door safety catch engaging and nothing to do with this.
    The manual mode/Z upper limit message was masked by the "position tool pocket one to spindle" message.

Any advice welcome

Ian