585,975 active members*
4,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Purchase screws online in Canada ?

I don't really know where to post this but since I'm building with extrusions, this is where I'm posting.

I need to buy socket cap screws (among other things), but I can't find an online supplier in Canada. Any suggestions ?

The last time I tried to buy from McMaster, I got an email saying they no longer sell to Canadians (bummer).

Thanks,
    Marc.

There is no local supplier you have access to in PQ?
    If you don't mind US suppliers there is Reid supply and Misumi, both have nice catalogues (esp. Misumi) and good delivery.
    I am not sure whether Princess Auto (Can.) sell cap screw, but worth a check.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Are you in quebec or montreal, i know we have a few good sources here in montreal.

Hi,
    I'm in Gatineau, 200km's from Montreal.

Online is sooooo convenient, but it looks like I'll have to walk the yellow pages to find some a local supplier.

Thanks.

Check out RingBall [I think they have a Montreal office] they sell lots of that kinda stuff including Nook. You can also look into Motion Canada and Kinecore also sells the stuff.

Jerry [Ebay still top's em' all, just not as much selection. You kinda gotta go w/ what you can find ]
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Tenaquip, Fastenal, KAR industrial, Avenue industrial, Lawson, Windsor factory supply.

Jerry's list is for linear motion screws, not quite what you asked for.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Should be a local Fastenal store there..?
    The one here actually stocks most of what I've looked at in socket head cap screws, up to 3/8x 3 anyways...

enjoy..

Ha! ya got me.. I read your post quickly and scanned through the others [Al really sent me off w/ the Misumi comment] It wasn't until this last post that I realized you weren't talking about Ballscrews/ Acme screws etc..

My appologies! (chair)

Acklands,Acklands, Acklands or maybe Grainger [same company] they sell it all. They produce a Bolts and hardware cataloge which has everything you need in it. I've bought ALL my bolts and screws from them. In my case they are 1/4 of a block away [down the back alley and around the corner] If they don't have it, they can order it and it's in the next day, no additional charge.
    Most of their hardware/bolts is Brighton-Best & ProFast'ners which I think is good stuff. I'm happy w/ it anyway!

Hope that helps..

Jerry
    JerryFlyGuy
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Argofanatic View Post
    I need to buy socket cap screws (among other things), but I can't find an online supplier in Canada. Any suggestions?
    Hi Marc,
    I tried a Google (top of this page) web search for "socket head cap screws" & got 5900 sites, including Fastenal, as well as others in Canada.

Checked in a Princess Auto store yesterday. They have cap screws, but not socket head.

McMaster set me the same message after they originally accepted my order.

Thanks for all the replies.

I actually found some socket cap screws at .... Canadian Tire !
    I scored some nice stainless M12's on ebay also.

Stay tuned for my build log coming to a thread near you.

I've bought them at Canadian tire was well, but didn't mention it for the specific reason that they are so darned EXPENSIVE! $1 for a 8mm x 20mm bolt.. thats worse than highway robbery. I bought a box of 100 for $12 or so from Acklands. I certainly didn't use them all, but now I have stock bolts for the next time I need them and they ain't hard to keep. A box of 100 is 2" x 2" x 4"

FWIW

Jerry [Good luck on the project! I'll watch for your project log to see what your building..]
    JerryFlyGuy

I got mine in stainless at Home Depot believe it or not, but they were crazy expensive too. Does anybody know of any 8020 suppliers in Edmonton or online within Canada for that matter?

cheers

Hi Ruzter, I bought tons (literally) of Faztek profiles from this Ebay Vendor. He is out of Toronto and can supply you with stuff not listed on the ebay site.

I also ended up buying lots of bolts and screws from Enco (US).

I buy my stuff from the local brafasco store, a lot cheaper than DIY stores especially if you buy a complete box.

http://www.brafasco.com/

You can also get supplied by Spaenaur out of Toronto: www.spaenaur.com

Spaenaur is actually in Kitchener.
    They have great products.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

There is also Ottawa Fastener Suppy in Bell's Corners.

http://www.ottawafastenersupply.com/

If you have a business/work address you can have your stuff shipped to , McMaster Carr will still ship to Canada. We get stuff from them at work all the time so I ordered my acme screws and some thrust bearings from them yesterday. For a 6' and 3' screw + 6 bearings shipping was only 12 bucks to Calgary (for next day delivery) I used my name as well as the business name and my credit card with no problems.

Hmmm.

I'll have to try McMaster again, my last (corporate) order was canceled stating they no longer ship to Canada.

Nope.. they still do for the right companies.. [I guess] .. I just got another shipment here yesterday.. they blame well better not stop serving Canadians.. I order 10's of thousands of $$ worth of stuff from them and it's growing all the time.. [mind you in their minds that might still be small potato's] anyway.. glad I can call and having it the morning.. it's sure a help..

Jerry
    JerryFlyGuy

Page 1 of 2 12