586,009 active members*
4,787 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > X2 Mini Mill Conversion Kit Needed

X2 Mini Mill Conversion Kit Needed

It seems as though CNC Fusion has gone dark. No one is getting a response from them, per their facebook comments. That is the only place I can find that sold cnc conversion kits for the X2 mini mill or harbor freight mini mill. I've got all the electronics good to go but I need X, Y, & Z mounts, and ball screws. I know there are plans to make your own mounts and modify ball screws to fit but I can't do that. Is CNC Fusion the only place selling mounts, ball screws, and hardware ready to go?

Thanks
    Tyler

Re: X2 Mini Mill Conversion Kit Needed

I converted the X1 in 12 hours for £100 total with no experience of any engineering or metalworking using a couple of 90 degree purchased motor mounts and a little 2020 extrusion, the conversion is simply mounting motors in line and replacing hand wheels with a coupling and thrust bearing see my started posts. Its basic and it works well enough to machine better quality parts and upgrade like the x1 the x2 does not have a lot of room for ballscrews and the standard will work good enough for most unexperienced users. Tons of posts and threads regarding X2 to get your ideas learning a little manual operation is worthwhile before you start computer controlled operations. The X2 is just as simple my limitation was weight at 70kg the X1 was as much as I fancied carrying up stairs to my flat!

CNC Fusion
    Looks like they are still open for business.

I've been using my mill manually for a couple of years now. It was great to learn but I'm ready to move into the cnc and let the machine do the work when it's the 10th time on the same part.

Did you see their business open or are you just talking about their website is still up? From what I can tell, they have lots of unhappy customers taking to facebook. I'm not here to discuss business practices and if someone could do better, I'm just trying to figure out if there's someone else out there who can produce something similar for me.

They always had a great reputation. Their products were respected by the hobbyist community. I live in Houston and contemplated using their products year ago thinking I could pick them up locally. Their production never ramped up. I was interested in G0704 parts at the time.
    A lazy man does it twice.