584,866 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > single cylinder engine drawings?

single cylinder engine drawings?

Does anybody know of a place where i can buy plans for a single cylinder engine? any help would be greatly aprecciated
    thanks

what sort of single cylinder engine 2 stroke or 4 stroke diesel/petrol basic or complicated there are heaps to choose from,are you planning on making your own,if so i would consider starting with something not to complicated for your first try greg b

i was looking more for a 2 stroke and this is my first engine. other than a hot air engine
    thanks

mate there are a lot of different 2 stroke designs, the most common are piston port,rotary disc,and reed valve.Probably the most straight forward engine to make would be either the piston port or the reed valve however its still going to be a reasonably long project.I would go to my local libary and browse through these engine designs probably under motorcycles,ultra light air craft,marine.After plenty of reading you should be armed with enough imformation on the basics of were to start,I dont think it is a good idea to just start building this thing from a drawing without understanding at least the basics on how they work.I hope this becomes the rewarding project it should be with a bit of hard work and research regards greg b.

thanks for the reply, i do know how engines work because i have done projects at school and have rebuilt my dirtbike engine completely. i'm sure i am missing some things that i forgot to look for though. my teacher thinks that he is going to buy these plans for my friend and i to make. it is expected to take 2 years to build. we just bought a haas tm1 that we just got up and running yesterday that we will use on the project
    again thanks for the help
    by the way here is the link for that project engine. just copy and paste
    http://www.jerry-howell.com/V-Four.html