585,997 active members*
4,920 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma cadet 1711 alarm

Okuma cadet 1711 alarm

Hi peoples. I have a 1996 Okuma cadet with control OSP700L. I was adjusting the speed of the turret with the hydraulic valve on the back of the turret. It was moving much better in the clockwise motion but when I ran a program it went counterclockwise and now I have a 1711 alarm. i can press the valve in to unclamp the turret and move the turret manually with my hand so mechanically everything is ok but the control is confused I guess. I can't find where the machine says what tool number is where. I've found the page where I can tell it how many spots are on the turret but changing that isn't doing anything. I'm stuck. Please help. I need this machine running

My book says 1711 alarm is Z-axis overload, but somehow I don't think this is your issue. It's probably mapped different on the 700 since it was a model U as in "unique" control. Normally you can rotate the turret by hand if it is unclamped and the e-stop is pressed. If you can get it aligned to a clamp position and lock it down, it should re-learn the turret position by looking at the switches inside the turret and their pattern. Normally you will not want to hot rod the turret much since the hydraulic motor has limited dampening ability when it stops and it could be hard on the system if you go too fast.

Okuma did offer a "pop up turret" cycle time reduction option for that machine which would allow you to unclamp the turret as you rapid home to index, but since it was a lift style turret, you need to be careful that you are far enough away from your chuck/part before lifting or havoc could ensue.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.