585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

60w Red Chinese Laser Cutter

Hello Everyone
    Im new here but I literally had no one else to ask so please forgive me if I am breaking some Forum Rules unknowingly.

I purchased a 60W Laser Cutter from eBay. It says 7050 on the front but i have heard it is a copy of the Redsail x700?

I have had multiple problems with it and so far havent managed to get it to cut anything.

The rubber tubes on the laser tube were leaking, I seem to have fixed this now. However, there seems to be some water dripping from the connection points on the machine where the pump tubes connect, possibly from the inside?

I set the machine up. It frames the piece, I turn the laser on (no noticable difference?) but as soon as press Start, it beeps and stops and says WATER ERROR/WATER ERROR 1.

Obviously, the sellers are being of no help as their claims of being in the UK or even Germany are entirely false. I cannot find any information online relating to WATER ERROR and i am seriously out of ideas. It seems like i have been given a faulty machine. I am currently in talks with ebay to get a return but i was hoping to get this working.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $_57.jpg  

Re: 60w Red Chinese Laser Cutter

Wayne, it does appear that you have a Redsail knockoff. That being said, I have seen several threads that have covered water error. You have a few possibilities. 1. Water is not pumping - not likely if you have leaks, however, you may have a plug in the plumbing that is preventing water from returning to the either the chiller or to your pump and water container. Check that you are getting a good volume of water back to the holding tank. 2. There is a circuit in the chiller, if you are using one, that will signal the laser that water is not flowing. If you are using a chiller, they usually come with a small booklet that includes a schematic of the alarm system. Use the schematic to confirm that you are not getting a false water error signal. If you are, you can bypass this. 3. Depending on who made your engraver, you may or may not have an internal water error sensor. I have read of these being mis-wired. Look on the back of your engraver. there should be a metal plate with the unit S/N and the manufacturers name. Use the manufacturers name to go on line and find thier web-site. You may be able to download schematics for your engraver from them. 4. If you cannot find a manufacturer, then contact the control board MFG for a schematic. Good Luck

Check if there is a water flow in the pipes and water flow sensor is a working properly (if is connected ok?). Your motherboard is NOT recognizing proper water flow, so "says" WATER ERROR/WATER ERROR 1 and avoid further action due this reason.

BTW - at which ebay seller/auction you got it and what software/motherboard do you have?
    I considering same model due table size (I don't afraid to rewire switches & electronics what is necessary at this models).

Wayne and abyss, Respectively, the reason that I wanted to know if there was water flow is because not all controllers give an error message if there is no water flow. Instead they just do not fire the laser. I have watched while a laser was going through the motions and not laser the firing. In addition, I have personally received a defective Chiller 3000 that provided no flow due to a bad pump. In any case, it takes only minuets to make sure you have good flow. Then if you have good flow, check the signal from the chiller to the laser, if it is good, check to see if you have an internal flow sensor in the laser engraver itself. If you do, make sure it is providing the correct signal to the controller board. I have not seen, but have read of the internal sensor being wired wrong. Again, good luck! - Rinconchuck

Quote Originally Posted by WayneAdams View Post
    Hello Everyone
    Im new here but I literally had no one else to ask so please forgive me if I am breaking some Forum Rules unknowingly.

I purchased a 60W Laser Cutter from eBay. It says 7050 on the front but i have heard it is a copy of the Redsail x700?

I have had multiple problems with it and so far havent managed to get it to cut anything.

The rubber tubes on the laser tube were leaking, I seem to have fixed this now. However, there seems to be some water dripping from the connection points on the machine where the pump tubes connect, possibly from the inside?

I set the machine up. It frames the piece, I turn the laser on (no noticable difference?) but as soon as press Start, it beeps and stops and says WATER ERROR/WATER ERROR 1.

Obviously, the sellers are being of no help as their claims of being in the UK or even Germany are entirely false. I cannot find any information online relating to WATER ERROR and i am seriously out of ideas. It seems like i have been given a faulty machine. I am currently in talks with ebay to get a return but i was hoping to get this working.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Wayne
    Hello
    It is obvious that the machine's water protection system was broken.Just change it will be ok.For the details,Please contract me :
    Whatsapp/Mobile/Wechat:+86 15566274259
    Email:[email protected]

Best Regards
    Lean*

Sales*manager
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hooly Laser Equipment Co.LTD
    Liaoning*Province,,P,R.China
    Mobile/Whatsapp :*+86*15566274259
    Fax : 0412-6451888
    E-mail :*[email protected]
    Web : http://www.helilaser-en.com/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	869576729121160866.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	325523
    Click image for larger version.