Any and all,
That have had any experience with the Siemens 840C control; please point me in the right direction. Having programmed everything from old BOSS-2i through current Fanuc, Mitsubishi, and Mazatrol (Mitz); never have I stumbled upon something as absolutely bewildering as this Sinumerik 840C. Previously, typically without manuals, I've been capable of "feeling my way through" the control. In the capacity of writing my own code, setting tool offsets, and work piece offsets, within a day or so.
That would be far from the truth in this case; I look like a monkey f#(&ing a football. Having heard so many positive statements regarding both the power and the simplistic logic of the Siemens control, I purchased this 1996 Hyundai HiT30S in SWEET condition at auction at a steal. Now that it's come time to put it to use; I've wasted about three full days using my old tried-n-true, jump in feet first, approach. Every manual I could find regarding the 840C, I've downloaded and archived. We are predominately a Mazak shop and tricked myself into thinking this piece was going to behave much like it's Mazatrol (Mitz) powered counterpart.
Anyone got any tips to help me get a little farther along?

Mike