585,758 active members*
4,221 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes
Page 14 of 38 4121314151624

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

@GrblGru, no problem, for now we just operate the lathe via Gcode, since the A-axis can just be used normally then.
    If there's no easy solution we will just continue to use that

@LH4PI
    Thanks for your feedback. Sorry, at the moment I have changed a lot of internal things in the program. Therefore the last beta versions are not very stable yet.
    I just uploaded a new beta. Hope this is a bit better. Maybe you'd like to try it again.
    You can program the spindle speed in the job. In the settings you can also choose if you want to switch the spindle on / off automatically (M3 / M4 / M5)
    In the job you can also set 'Depth Increment' and 'Sum of increments'.

@Bartavus
    Thanks for your understanding

Hi GrblGru,

The programmer's biggest enemy is haste!
    In version 3.44.8 there is a fatal error when clicking the "Stock Box" button.
    Quit the app and run again, see.

Armando
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bug3448.jpg  

Hi
    Version 3.44.7 works correctly on the button already mentioned.
    It also works for The @LH4PI <<--

Armando

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Hi GrblGru,
    The programmer's biggest enemy is haste!
    Armando
    Hi Armando... be patient and gentle... he is not charging of his software...
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Thanks GrblGru

A few more info;

A.
    I have decided to make a model of my 4-5 axis Isel machine (see picture) I have already been able to make a 3D model of the Isel 4030, the two axis ISEL A and B
    and you can see my very little sphere I want to move /mill/drill with a very small dimensions . Mybe this can be a new Machine model later on . I have this in Sat and step format , but can export also in STL

B.
    But even more of interest is to make my own 4th axes using a Nema 17 stepmotor with reduction gear (see picture) since my part I want move are very small and I need a small collet to not krach against the spindle axes.

C.
    Do You have any model based on a small er11 collet or do I have to try to make a 3d model myself .

D.
    I want to use this this 4th axes together with an 3018 cnc how is very similar to CNC 1310 but bigger . I tried to make the the CNC 1310 bigger in x and Y but was not successful using 3.44.0 using the settings menu. Is this not possible with this model?

Quote Originally Posted by LH4PI View Post
    Thanks GrblGru

A few more info;

A.
    I have decided to make a model of my 4-5 axis Isel machine (see picture) I have already been able to make a 3D model of the Isel 4030, the two axis ISEL A and B
    and you can see my very little sphere I want to move /mill/drill with a very small dimensions . Mybe this can be a new Machine model later on . I have this in Sat and step format , but can export also in STL

B.
    But even more of interest is to make my own 4th axes using a Nema 17 stepmotor with reduction gear (see picture) since my part I want move are very small and I need a small collet to not krach against the spindle axes.

C.
    Do You have any model based on a small er11 collet or do I have to try to make a 3d model myself .

D.
    I want to use this this 4th axes together with an 3018 cnc how is very similar to CNC 1310 but bigger . I tried to make the the CNC 1310 bigger in x and Y but was not successful using 3.44.0 using the settings menu. Is this not possible with this model?
    You can find the er11 collet 3d model free in GrabCAD
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Thanks, I found suitable 3d files for the collet,

@GrblGru

I now have calibrated my A and B-axes and I have A short question:

Is it a known error in the support of the B axes $114 command ? . The B-axes moves , but I can not change the speed . The A-axes works . Could i be a grbl-mega-5x issue that the B-axes is not fully supported .

additional note , it looks like the quick change of the feed-rate in jogging mode (SHIFT,CTRL and ALT ) do not work for A and B-axes in 3.44. Is this correct .

Some thoughts about the difference release / beta version.
    There are situations during a program development where you realize that a change in a module would be a very big advantage.
    But sometimes these changes have an impact in many places. So you need a lot of time to adjust all places.
    In order to be able to continue working in other places, you make a beta version.
    Users, who don't want to experience any surprises, should always use the release version.
    But I am also happy about every feedback to a beta version. It helps me a lot to find the 'bad' places.

@LH4PI

A
    If you would provide us with the model, that would be very great. I'm sure there are other users who would be interested.

C
    In order to detect possible collisions during the simulation, it is usually only necessary to consider the respective outer contour.

D
    I have created a new beta version V3.44.9 for you.
    With this version it should be possible to extend the dimensions in X and Y direction.
    In the machine manager you will find the entries 'Extension X' and 'Extension Y'.

Speed of A and B axis
    I am not aware of any problems there. But I have also not often really worked with 5 axes.
    Use the 'Command line' option in the controller windows to check the current speed. (see pic)

Hi GrblGru,

In version 3.44.9 the same error in the button continues, already mentioned here:

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncat...ml#post2352660

Armando

@GrblGru

Thanks , I tested the the new beta version V3.44.9 for you.
    With this version it was possible to extend the dimensions in X and Y direction.
    In the machine manager you will find the entries 'Extension X' and 'Extension Y'. I add X=170 and Y=80 to get an CNC3018 from CNC1310, since it is a Beta iI couldn't save it as a new machine , but this is OK for now. (see image )

Another small thing that I have wonder about:

when I press the show coordinate system icon (see screenshot) I can not find or see that the coordinate system appear in the graphical window anywhere. Is it a bug or its just me and my screen that can not find it or do I have to select a certain view or knob more th the icon.

the coordinate system is valuable info/guideline so I hope you find a reason why it not there for me.

Thanks again

Hi Toe,

First of all, great work you are doing there! Fund the software some weeks ago and it look really great. I am using grbl on my different machine build ince 2012. https://der-frickler.net/technik

I really like the Simulator part of GrblGru and i was wondering if it would be possible to "feed" the simulator not with a GCode file, but with the realtime status messages coming from a real machine driven by grbl. The contained data should be more or less the same - just different formats and feed in in realtime. That would be really great to visualize the current machine state and see the simulation working while the machine does.

Regarts
    Johannes - der-Frickler

@Armando
    @LH4PI
    Thanks a lot
    I have uploaded a new version V3.44.10 and I hope that the problems do not occur anymore.

@der Frickler
    es freut mich sehr, dass dir mein kleines Programm gefällt. Das Kompliment kann ich aber sofort zurückgeben, weil ich schon seit Jahren ein Fan von dir bin. Ich schicke dir mal eine Mail.

What you're suggesting is exactly what I'm doing.
    GRBL sends the current axis position via USB interface back to GrblGru. I then use this to visualize the model. When your machine is running, the model on the screen is controlled in parallel.
    This gives you a very good control of which part of the program is currently being processed.
    At the moment the movement is not smooth enough. But I hope that I can optimize it.

@GrblGru

Your software is very good , and I learn still a lot!

I have struggled a lot to understand and set up correct limits for the 3018 machines based on the 1310 model that exist , but couldn't get i right . What I mean by that , it was not possible to both get the moving table (y axes to be within bounderis for movement and get the reference point set correctly (pressing home ) and avoid a red "alarm" color in the y-axes position using the jog function .

I believe I found the source of problem that may be of general interest for other that struggle to use the simulation of the movement of the different machines already in the "Machine library " using the jogging knobs.

I have found that selection of the machine in the program have to be made with care since at least one model behaves strange and probely is not set up correctly in the xyz coordinate system (based on prefered home =0,0,0 for the three axes placed at the Bottom Right Rear (from the user manual ) :

Background

If I have understand correctly it should be possibly to use "soft limit switches by selecting the "check limits" flag in the settings menu to YES to avoid crashes into the hardware limits of your machine if you have set up the max length of x,y,Z for the machine correctly .

What I found :

For at least one machine; the CNC1310 3 axes mill from the library that I want to use the as the baseline for setting up my own machine have not t correctly modeling to be able to move correctly .

The position of the spindle tool and the working table position part in the model could not set correctly (was offset ) in the "Y" direction and if I tried to change the reference points to get i right in the machinery manager part of the program I got "red display indication " for the "y" axes indicating I was crashing into the sides of the mill.

If I compare that with the machine the simulation of ShapeOko2 as the reference that did not happen and all movement looks okay as it should be .

I took a few print screen to show the strange behavior with the "CNC1310 " machine clearly indicate that the virtual model must be set up wrongly for the y-axes . So i believe that it may be other virtual machines that also maybe has parts in the model that is not correct defined related to the ref points of the system .

At least for me and i sure also for others it was very confusing to not be able to set up the working conditions and home position correctly whatever value I put in for the work space limit an reference point selected in the machinery manager to be able to use the "check limit" criteria and avoid crashes into real hardware x,,z limit .

In the picture attached , specially note that for the cnc 1310 the position of the tool reference point and working table is offset in y-direction relative the rest of the model , but not in the ShapeOko2 machine model

I sincerely hope that model be fixed by @GrblGru or whoever made the model or can even myself fix such a thing in the machine model ? so the table and spindle position is in correct position relative to the model in the y direction. Since the popular cnc3018 3 -axes mill model can be built based on 1310 by the use of the extension variable for x and y in the machinery manager a lot o user should benefit of this fix , not just me .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ShapeOko2_Correct mill and software limits.jpg   cnc1310 model wrong_see the y pos of mill and table.jpg   cnc1310 table position outside but no error due to wrong model of 1310 in y direction .jpg  

@GrblGru

sorry the images from my last message was not uploaded correctly

@GrblGru

Some additional info

I check all 3-axes machines with moving working tables instead of have the table stationary in the y-direction . I find beside the cnc1310 , also the Sprite and T8_cnc machine model have the similar problem .

@LH4PI

Could find the bug with the help of your good description. In the new beta version V3.44.11 it should be fixed.
    Thanks for your help to improve GrblGru.

Sorry, I forgot to change the limits in the new version.

@GrblGru

Thanks for the fix 3.44.11. I was able to get cnc 1310 machine model to be expanded to the size of 3018 ( even if your comments in #279 is valid)
    "
    I test to engrave my logo "LH4PI" using the home position according to your definition (based on prefered home =0,0,0 for the three axes placed at the Bottom Right Rear (from the user manual ) and then move the axes to "Bottom(Z) Left Front" corner and then set this location to the actual working position using the "origin" knob. (see Picture) Then I run the gcode for the logo. without any " red warning coordinates ". Thanks again .

Some additional notes that I am sure You know in this beta ;,

it seems like;

the stock box is not functionally ,

the possibilities to save the 3018 new machine setting is not functionally but works if I use the name "1310 "

save projects is not active

------------------------------------------------------

Question :

How do I set up the grblGru interface so the program stops running the code if the limit switch is activated , I only could see them be activated in the code in the controller window but he machine keep on running the code even if the $21=1 was set. Probably I have missed some setting , please help .

-------------------------------------------------------

Some suggestion based on the interface to be able to "see " the status of some input pins to make it easier to understand whats going on when the user try to set up the hardware for the input pins that are supported in the Ramps 1.4/grbl-mega-5x/GrblGru 4.44 and further versions.

To be able to give you feedback I made a test set up only using the ramps 1.4 card on top of the mega 2560 card (same as the version You use ) (see picture ) and some switches to see what response was send back by the controller software ;

I could then to study the control feed back characters from if I send a grbl command and then study response of x,y,z and probe switches , see picture where I have pressed the x,y, and z and also have had the probe pin (A15) connected to ground during the run of the gcode

I believe , it is only when I send a command (like "State") you can see what switches are activated in real time .

Suggestion 1

Could it be possible to be able to have a more flexible controller window to flip on/off knob to not reset the controller window for single commands. In this way it is easier to follow a sequence of input signals triggering the controller and see them all. The clear knob already exist.

suggestion 2

Make a l status hardware input window (as a example with small simulated leds, that lights up when triggered ) where the supporting inputs (X,Y and Z end stops as well as A and B, probe switch safety door can be be monitored (by sending as an example the status command all the time until the user wants to stop to evaluate the triggering sources )

Page 14 of 38 4121314151624