584,865 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes
Page 20 of 38 10181920212230

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    @jcorona

Please have a look at the new beta version V4.0.1 on my website. With this it should be possible to create the desired duplicates.
    Let me know if something does not work

Great!, will try and let you know!

Thanks!

@jcorona

Please have a look at the new beta version V4.0.1 on my website. With this it should be possible to create the desired duplicates.
    Let me know if something does not work

It seems to be working fine with one exception: entry point is not getting copied.

Hello GrblGru
    From version 4.0.0 to current version 4.1.0

Postprocessor does not work!
    Extras ---> Postprocessor

@Yvzylmz
    You can always select only one of the two options. You must not select both together.
    As a result you get a file with the changed values, which you must then load on your controller.

Sorry, I will not be able to load STEP files. That is much too complicated.
    You would have to buy a software library, and I don't want that.

@botowbot
    Thanks for the files. I will check it. Please give me time for it.
    Thanks for every help. Now in the version 4.0.2 there is a fault of importing dxf files it says database error ? and closing the program ...

You have made the X diameter double clearly in the post processor can you change its origin in the middle of the part then double 2 things in 1 post processor

I forgot to mention that in my configuration is.
    Machine ---> Cobra
    Only the Postprocessor works.
    In version 3.50.9 and 3.50.10

Hi everyone. I got a problem when importing a DXF file for 2D processing, I only display a part of the vectors. The bil file was created in the Rinoceros program. The files themselves are in the attachment.

@jcorona
    Please download new version V4.1.1

@Armando
    Please download new version V4.1.1

@Yvzylmz
    - Can you please provide me the file that causes the error ?
    - Can you explain the problem with the postprocessor again in detail. I have not yet understood what you need. Screenshot, pictures etc would be very helpful.

@mordhard
    I'm sorry but the file uses splines that I can't handle yet. Splines are quite complex and there are a lot of variants.
    Of course not a real solution, but maybe a workaround:
    With many programs you can set how the export as DXF should be done.
    Often there is the option "Save curves and surfaces as polylines".
    It may also be that there is an extra command to change the type.

Good day. Thanks to the emergence of new links to other forums, while studying them, I managed to correctly integrate the milling part of my machine into the program. It turned out that such a mechanic already exists, called Lowrider. As far as I understand, to work in the mechanics of the foamcuter I will have to create a different kinematics. The question is that it is not working properly. However, the eggbot kinematics also work incorrectly.
    Is it possible to get a link to a program of an old version, something like 3.20.7 or the latest version where eggbot is running. I understand that the problem is related to a huge number of very necessary program fixes. Somewhere in the comments under the video, I saw perhaps your entry that this kinematics is no longer interesting and therefore is no longer supported. I really want to be wrong. Because of your program and thanks to it, I finally forced myself to make such a machine.
    If I understood everything correctly, then perhaps there is a version of the program where the foamcutter exactly works.
    For storage space, I recommend using the https://www.dubox.com/ server there is a very large free space. But you have to try a server with limitations.
    My main question remains how to switch between kinematics with the least difficulty. You can reflash the arduino every time, it's even worse to re-solder it manually. The most comfortable option is to add a button to the "remove y-axis" configuration of the machine. I don’t know how difficult it is to implement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg  

@botowbot

I can understand your wish to control both applications (Milling machine and FoamCutter) with one program if possible.
    However, this is very difficult to realize because you have to make many different switches in the controller as well as in the GrblGru.

My suggestion would therefore be a simple hardware solution with 2 controllers.
    For the milling operation (3 axes) an Arduino UNO for less than 10 dollars is enough. For the FoamCutter ( 4 axes) you take the controller you have now.
    Depending on what you want to do, plug the USB cable into one or the other processor.
    Do the same with the pulse and direction signals. (if possible over one connector)

In the attachment you find the files "botowbot.tco" and "botowFoamCutter.tco", which you can copy into the directory "C:\ProgramData\GrblGru\Models".
    The file "Machine.dat" must be copied into the directory "C:\ProgramData\GrblGru".
    I have also added the corresponding STL files just for your information.

With this, both models should be working. With the FoamCutter the heating wire is not yet positioned correctly. I will do that in the next program version.
    Then I will integrate both models permanently in GrblGru.

Finally, a note about the EggBot. I developed the project some time ago. But there was no interest from users in it.
    The kinematics are quite complex and so at some point I decided not to make any more changes to it.
    I have a lot of work to do at the moment, but when I find some time I will have another look at it.

Has the 'Smart Saw' function been removed from the program? It is not available in the Extras menu in V4.1.0.

@GrblGru You have coded X as diameter choice on the postprocessor thanks for it. But Can you change this selection's origin like mach 3 coordinate system? Because its very hard to set Zero point to the outside of the steel. Origin 0 0 point must be the middle of the steel

@GrblGru
    I attached a GRU project file, to be analyzed and studied.
    My config is Cobra.
    This example it detects the mesh but "does not pierce the mesh".

If I apply "Job STL -> 3D Finishing Waterline17mm" it punctures the mesh.

Hello
    I congratulate you for your work.
    Which board would you recommend to control 6 or 7 axis robot arm with grblgru.

@akcnez
    I had the impression that there was no interest in "Smart saw" so far, so I didn't include it in the new versions.
    Let me know if you have a concrete use case for it. Then I can check again if it is usable for it.

@Yvzylmz
    Please have a look at the current version V4.1.7.
    After starting the program you can load a DXF file via the menu or simply with Drag&Drop. When loading, the job whose name starts with a "#" is automatically started.
    The GCode is also calculated immediately. You do not have to set a "Zero Point" ! Also if you chhange the start diameter, everything is now automatically recalculated.
    Then you open the postprocessor window and copy the GCode into a file and load it into your controller.

Where exactly is your problem ? I don't have Mach3 and I don't know it. So you have to describe me in detail what is not working. Otherwise I can not help you

@Armando
    The 3D jobs that are currently available are not intended for objects like the one you used.
    I am confident that soon I will be able to show a video that explains how to use the 3D jobs.

@erdinc_eroglu
    Sorry, but I have only used Mega-5x with 5 axes.
    I do not know a controller with 6 or 7 axes.

Hello there
    1. Question: What We Have Produced. 5 axis cnc. We want to use it with grblgru. However, we could not find a suitable bench for the working system. Can you create a bench type suitable for the data I have sent in the attachment.
    2. Question: About the 6 axis robot arm. The card we used produces the g codes as x, y, z, a, b, c.
    Grblgru reads as a, b, c, d, e, h. What kind of a path can we follow in this regard?

Hello there
    We are making a 6 axis robot arm with the cards I have sent the photographs of in the attachment.
    Can grblgru be used as a program?

@GrblGru
    sending you a new SS with details. by the way i can arrange the code but it takes so much time. I am trying to help you evolve this program because i like we all like what you have done so far

https://ibb.co/58wZzrJ

https://ibb.co/TRT0gjc

@Yvzylmz
    Thank you for the description. I hope that I have understood it now. Please have a look at the function "#Mach3 test" in the new beta V4.1.10

@Yvzylmz
    Thank you for the description. I hope that I have understood it now. Please have a look at the function "#Mach3 test" in the new beta V4.1.10
    thank you but new setup file doesnt work. it wants permission and i try to set it as administrator.. its the same i think something is wrong with it

The new version 4.1.10 does not work.
    When initializing appears a Bug, see the image.

Armando

Page 20 of 38 10181920212230