584,802 active members*
4,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes
Page 23 of 38 13212223242533

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

@sevenbsb

Thanks for your video. It made the problems clear,
    The problem with the languages is that they are never up to date because the program is constantly being developed.
    I am very grateful to Dimitrios that he has already translated most of it. But now you can see what has changed since then.
    So I am very happy if you want to add the missing translations.

The error message 'CreateGrid' and 'RefreshMyGrid" were always shown if a column header was missing.
    I have corrected this now in the new beta version V4.2.14. I also added the missing commands to switch on the spindle in the V_CARVE mode and corrected the hiding of the comments.

Thanks for your help to improve GrblGru.

@sevenbsb

I would like to chat with you about the ongoing translation. I am glad to have someone else to review the work and exchange ideas. This weekend I will have time to review the file.

Contact me anytime. My email is [email protected].

Best regards

Dimitrios

Release notes V4.2.20

Unfortunately I haven't had time lately to document all the changes and innovations that have been made.
    The short video is the attempt to reduce the traffic jam a little. It deals with some improvements in the area "Tangential Blade".

Have fun with GrblGru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLONkTBlvH0

It is getting better and better!

Hello there,
    Grblgru is a very nice program. We want to use our machines for training purposes. We created TURKISH language support for version 4.20 with our own efforts. Is it possible to upload the attached files into your program?
    Thank you from now

That's great.
    Thank you very much for your help. I will be very happy to add the Turkish language to the program.
    Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Hi GrblGru!
    I just got your software to work on our Kia Kit30B lathe!
    I tried GrblGru about a year ago, and it wasn't working properly for a lathe, now it works fine!
    Thanks for all of your hard work, I know how hard it is to make so many people happy with a piece of software!

I was wondering if there was a way to use G02, G03 instead of a bunch of lines?

Also, I tried different layers, hoping for an automatic tool change, I got an error message about too many paths or something.

Anyway, it works as is, I can always run two different programs to get around the tool change problem.
    Thanks again for a wonderful piece of software.
    I looked on your website, there's not a donation link. Is there any way to donate?
    Dan Gray
    http://siderealtechnology.com

Thank you for the kind words.

The reason for the small straight line pieces is the calculation of the equidistants. The position of the touch point on the tool is not constant, but can change. That's why a relatively complex tool path can arise from simple geometries. But please have a look at the macro programming. With it you can generate Gcode yourself and call it up at the push of a button. Here you can also use the circle functions G2 / G3.

Several jobs are already on my ToDo list. In milling mode they already exist. I 'only' have to realize them sometime.

Thanks also for your question about a donation possibility. My website is unfortunately still a provisional of the first hour. I really need to clean it up.
    But ... there are also many other things to do.

Hi how do you scale a dxf drawing in version 4.2 for lathe ?. .

I just tried it again and saw that it is a little tricky. Sometimes after starting the program you have to click once on the layer in the tree diagram in the 2D view with the left mouse button.
    Then you can open a context menu in the graphic window with a click of the right mouse button. Here you can start the "geometry editor" and scale the geometry.
    Afterwards you can save the geometry with the menu item "Export" as DXF or SVG.

Thanks for the hint. I will make it easier to use in the next version.

Hi thanks for the reply but when I try that all it opens is the create job box?.

Hello there,

In the system we have created, GRBLGRU does a good job.
    We want to control the new machines we have added to our track with your program.
    Can you add the models I have sent in the attachment and the current Turkish language option in the new version?
    Are you going to do a study on the compatibility of encoders with your program in the future?
    In version 3.50, we were able to program on dxf with a robot arm, but in later versions we could not. Can you review?
    When we extract the G code in the program, the Rotation and Rotation direction code (Example: S1000 M3) is added to the first line. Is it possible to add the M30 code at the end of the program.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

@garwalt
    Sorry, I didn't point it out specifically.
    Please download the latest beta version V4.2.25.
    I made the changes some time after V4.2.

@erdinc_eroglu
    wow, you have very nice machines and of course I'll be happy to add them to the program. However, you have to give me time to do that.
    Maybe you can also give me an email address ( maybe via PM) in case I still have questions about one or the other machine.

- Thanks for the new language file. I will update it in the next version.
    - Additional commands at the start and at the end of the program you can enter in the settings in the chapter "4th GCode".
    - I need more details about the problem with the robot arm.
    - What do you mean by "Encoders" ? I did not understand the question

Thanks all working fine.

Thanks for your support.
    I forgot to add the language file in the previous message.
    I would be very happy if you could reach me at [email protected].
    We will prepare a presentation for you next week about robot arm and encoders.
    The settings in the 4.gcode section gave very good results

Did you think of some UI for the Software. I took a chance and put something together.

I like that you have the Lathe option to control the machine. Thank you for that.

I tried to do some UI in Windows Form and its hard to do since i dont have any programing skills.

Take care and thanks for all the work you have done.

Hi GrblGru,
    I new to cnc and learning your great software. I wonder if I am able to use the 4-axis to make a shape like this ?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-10-26 06_34_47-GrblGru V4.2.0       Just another grbl-viewer ... and a bit more.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

@setdesigner

Sorry to disappoint you. Unfortunately, this is not yet possible at the moment. I have already started for a long time to calculate GCode for the processing of 3D objects, but unfortunately I have very little time at the moment and progress is very slow. Some things work already. But it is not yet so far that I could give it to someone.
    But for me it is a very important topic and I will surely finish it as soon as possible.

Hi GrblGru,
    Thanks, that it what I figured, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some features.
    Thanks again for this great software

I just discovered your program while looking for ideas to upgrade my software. If this is what I think it is, you are a God-send. I don't have the budget to buy a lot of software, and this will help me do what I am planning: some Christmas gifts for my children.

About 16 years ago I build my own 3 axis mill from some old parts and used KCAM 4 to drive it all. That software is no longer supported, and has gone away. While my copy is still working, I was looking for something to replace it and found yours. I simply want to import a DXF or STL file, set the depth and pass information (and hopefully the tool offsets will be calculated for me) and drive my machine. This appears to be what your program does.

I am still reading the thread and the manual, but have some hope I can resurrect my machine in a timely fashion. Thank you!

Page 23 of 38 13212223242533