586,009 active members*
4,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes
Page 28 of 38 182627282930

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

I want to know about the AutoCAD processor requirements (https://solaptop.com/system-requirements-for-autocad/). I have read this blog and I think they are saying it right. go have a look

Hello all,

I would like to present you again a little program extension in the new version V4.8, which I found very practical.
    It is the possibility to create simple PCB layouts.

Sure, there are already several very good programs that do this, and some of them are even free.
    But if you only want to create a small board for a power supply or an Arduino interface from time to time, the effort to learn these programs is quite deterrent.
    For me personally there is also the fact that I have forgotten the laboriously learned after a few months with the next board again.
    So I had the idea to create the layout with tools I use all the time, in this case any DXF editor.
    The layout created with GrblGru can also be saved as DXF and loaded into any other program.
    By the way, the small circuit is an automatic follow-up control for an exhaust. I would like to report about this in detail soon.

In the short video all necessary actions are shown step by step.

Have fun with GrblGru

You always surprise me with your creativity and productivity!

Best Regards,

Dimitrios

Hi,

I have noticed that the Gcode is not displayed correctly when opened. But when i run it, it runs correctly. The problem is with arcs I think.

Am running on GRBL lathe.

Have added the images and gcode to see the problem.

Thank you.
    D

Have found the problem. Its my Gcode.
    My gcode doesn't have correct decimals like X5.000 but only X5.
    Arduino reads it normally bt GrblBru didnt and showed wrong lines. Will have to fix my postprocessor for Gcode.

THX for sharing your software.

Re: What happened to the controller icons at the bottom of the screen?

Sorry for the late response. I am just back from vacation. But you have already found a solution yourself.
    In any case, I will still change the program in the next version so that your GCode is accepted.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Unhappy GRBLGRU 4.8 5axis Where do I go wrong

I am fideling a bit around with GRBLGRU 4.8. I am interested in the 5axis machines. So I loaded a minion, made a job with a zig-zag finish. Looks fine. But when it came to simulating it moved only three axis (x, y, z) and it cutted my poor minion in to little pieces, which the poor creature did not deserve.
    Where am I going wrong? (probably something very silly).

Thnx in advance
    With regardz, CatweazleMagic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRBLGRU 5Axis.jpg  

No, you're certainly not doing anything wrong. I'm sorry to disappoint you.
    I still haven't managed to get the 3D milling working error-free.
    It is on the top of the list but due to lack of time I do not get to it at the moment.

Howdy!
    Can somebody please help me with a model for Sherline 4100 Lathe?
    Thank you!

Re: Surfacing tool and wrong picture

Hello all

I am happy to present you today a new controller system in GrblGru.

GrblHAL is a further development of the original GRBL.
    The special feature is a separation of the actual program from the hardware.
    This allows an easier porting also on 32-bit hardware platforms.
    The developer Terje Io has furthermore created a really impressive complete system around GrblHAL,
    that e.g. also provides a parameter controlled web download of the current bin file.

GrblHAL offers a number of interesting features for the mill, such as a tool change system or the use of cubic splines.
    But also for the lathe there are extensions like a backlash compensation or the radius mode.
    Here is the link to more detailed information: https://github.com/grblHAL/core/wiki.

I have now implemented the corresponding interface, so that you can run first tests with GrblGru.
    In this context I would like to point out the possibility of the extended macro creation.
    With it all new G- and M-codes can be tried out now.

On hardware I was able to put a 32-bit Arduino DUE into operation.
    The short video shows the necessary steps from downloading the bin file to flashing and then starting it in GrblGru.

Have fun with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpisCUQmTKE

GRBLGRU SCANNING

I have installed GrblGru v5 and am trying to scan an object by following the video on Youtube. In the tool bar on the video there are 3 probe selections. In version 5 there is only 1 probe selection. I'm at a loss on how to define the area to be scanned. I've also tried version 4.8 with the same problem. Need help.
    I'm not sure I'm in the right area for this question.

You have come to the right place with your question.
    The scan functions have been revised in the meantime. I have uploaded a short video on how to use them now.
    See my website: https://www.grblgru.com/VideoGallery -> Scanning uneven surfaces and turned parts
    Please download the new version V5.0.4 first. I have fixed a bug in it.

The A axis does not work in projection mode.

Hi GrblGru I'm going crazy trying to solve this, I want to engrave on a ring using projection mode, but the tool path uses the XYZ axes when I enable the A axis. And when I switch to x_cilinder mode, the projection goes down where the system coordinates are, plus the A axis still doesn't work.

Another problem I have is that the dxf in the 2D tab disappears.

I am using my own machine.
    I attach the images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imagen_2022-11-28_182246608.jpg   imagen_2022-11-28_182305434.jpg   imagen_2022-11-28_182318639.jpg  

@11alex12

from far away I can't say why it doesn't work. But I have a short video "RingEngraving" for you.
    https://www.grblgru.com/VideoGallery
    on my website, which shows how it should work. It could be that the normals of your STL are pointing in the wrong direction.
    Then you have to rotate them as described in the video.

In any case, please download the latest beta version V5.0.4. and select the machine "DIYCNC_Engraver".
    If you can't see anything in the 2D or 3D view, press the "Zoom all" button in the small toolbar above the graphics window (1st button on the left).

import gcode and geometery

I'm just learning GrblGru and having trouble with commands and other things. I'm trying to "import geometry data from a gcode file". The screen flashes as if it loads but nothing shows. I can load a stl file and create a tool path, but the tool path is not on the 3d part. What is happening?

Thank you very much for the video! I would still like to use the machine I made, so I was using the CNC2030_A model on my machine, but when I move the Y axis the A axis moves along with it. I did not find another type of machine that fits mine. I feel that the errors I have is because of that.
    I love the software. GrblGru, I have the STL files. could you set up my machine please?

@11alex12

Your machine needs a model type which is not yet available in GrblGru. This requires some matrices to be programmed within the program. I just uploaded a new version V5.0.6 which contains a new machine "Alex_a". Loading the model takes a little bit longer because some details like drillings etc. take time. If this bothers you, you can shorten the loading time by simplifying the model. For example, the Y-axis has a 2nd plane that you don't see but has a lot of holes. There are also some other changes in the new version. Please read the release notes.

I also made some changes to the STLs. See attachment

STL from probe points

I have V5.0.6 GrblGru installed. I want to probe an existing actual part that has an irregular shape to create a STL (solid model). The part is wood clamped to the 3018 prover table. I want to probe this part manually because of the irregular shape and depths. How can I do this with the probe function?
    I also, have a problem with scanning/probing creating the points off to the right ( x+ ) from the probe location.
    Great program, just need help with it.

Hi GrblGru.

Have you thought of updating the UI?

I took some time to make a fast UI design, but would need more time to make all the icons.

I also played with VStudio to see what's possible.

I have no idea what the limitations are in your programming, but I would like to help to make the interface nicer.
    In the RAR file is the VS project that I made with my limited knowledge.
    The EXE file: GrblGRU interface\bin\TEST Interface\GrblGRU interface.exe

Thanks for your time you put in this software and making it available.

D

P.S. Love the macros to make my own fast functions.

@flyfish

I'm willing to help you, but I need accurate information to do so.
    I also read your comments on YouTube and I'm not sure if I understood you correctly.
    Therefore the following questions:
    What controller version and what kind of probe are you using ?
    Is the probe taken in the spindle or is it offset ?
    Furthermore some screenshots would be helpful.

I also recommend you to go step by step before you do a more complex measurement.
    Do some elementary measurements. So "Touch Top", "Touch Left side", etc..
    With this you can first determine the necessary measurement parameters. Only when this works properly, you should take the next steps.

@Discus

hey, thanks for your program. It looks very professional.

But at the moment I don't see any possibility to include it in GrblGru.
    A special requirement is to consider all the different machine models.
    For example, there are machines with only 2 axes and others with 5 axes. In addition, there are some auxiliary axes for some of them.
    This requires a very dynamic interface if you want to display only the ones that are available.
    Another challenge is the deep connection between graphics and operator guidance depending on the current machine configuration.
    I don't know how to separate the user interface from the rest of the program under these conditions.

Thanks again for your offer to make GrblGru more attractive.

Page 28 of 38 182627282930