585,737 active members*
4,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes
Page 10 of 38 8910111220

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Arkada??m Muhte?emsin. Böyle bir yaz?l?m? payla?t???n için te?ekkür ederim.

My respect for that leader, the program every day is better, brother blessings

Release notes V3.35

On my Dropbox a new version is available for download. bit.ly/2xF1KJ8_GrblGru_Release

The pocket milling functions were reworked and completed with a StepOver input. Also the production of chamfers is now possible with V-Cutter as well as limited with normal EndMill.
    I will try to make a video about this soon.

I am especially pleased about the provision of Spanish texts by user DANTRON. He also contributed 2 very nice 3D-models of his self-constructed milling machines. Thanks again for that.

Have fun with GrblGru

Thank you leader for your generosity

Hi friends ... I've read all the posts about GrblGru. But there are a few questions I want to ask you. First of all, can GrblGru be used for 5 axis cnc machine? I'm a mechanical engineer and doing a 5 axis cnc project. But I'm not good at programming and software. I made a 3d printer before. For 3d printer; I used the combination of Arduino mega, marlin and repertier. Now, I don't know what combinations to use for the 5 axis cnc. Can I use GrblGru and Grbl for 5 axis cnc? What other software and firmwares do I need to use?

Looks like we have the same goal.

I want to extend my program to 5 axes. As hardware I chose the Arduino DUE. As software on the DUE I use the free program g2core.
    There is an old g2core version, which is very promising. (See link below) At the moment I'm trying to get the latest version of g2core up and running.

GrblGru can already control the 5 axes. So if you create the GCode manually or have finished GCode, you can already use GrblGru in combination with a DUE and g2core.
    But a corresponding CAM functionality for 5 axes ( real 3D ) will still take some time.

https://youtu.be/D6gUH47ayn0

Wow..cant wait to see the final product...
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Hi GrblGru

How can I specify to drill at center of circles. The tool path is showing at the edge of the circles. Using 3.36.0.

Also I am trying to route .126" holes with a .125" router but the holes are skipped. Same if I change holes to .130".

Thanks.

You're right. The display in the 2D view is a bit confusing. I must change that in the next version.
    If you switch on the display of the calculated toolpath with the toolbar button 'NC' together with the SHFT key, you can see that the drilling always takes place in the center of the circle. (see pic)
    The base for a hole must therefore always be a circle. Could this be the reason for skipping ?
    If not please send me your DXF or SVG file, so I can see where my error is.

I am working on the Brazilian Portuguese translation. I sent a comment on your YT, but dont know if you saw it. Please tell me where I have to send the text file for your appreciation. And many thanks for this excellent work!

That's great Thank you very much for your help.
    I sent you a PM with my email address.
    Let me know when I can return the favor.

Hello,

Your dropbox link is not available. Could you check?
    By the way, i made a video explaining your amazing software for brazilian guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH3XV8EFbkw&t=10s

Thanks

First of all thank you for the information about the link. I just did some research.
    Unfortunately, Dropbox surprisingly changed the business model. I can no longer make my data public.
    As soon as I find a way to download GrblGru, I will inform you here.

Many thanks also for your great video. I appreciate that very much, also because I know how much work it is to create such a video.
    I hope that in the next version I will also be able to provide the possibility to use carbide inserts.

I now have a homepage https://www.grblgru.com/ from which the program can be downloaded.

My latest frustration is about offsets. Before a run I have to move the spindle far away from the stock and zero there but it makes it very difficult. How can I zero to the corner of the stock instead of far away? At first I thought I had to zero the stock setting on the 3D tab but that did not help. I am using G54. On the 2D tab the bounding box looks correct with zero margin. But the origin shows far from the corner of the part. I am using GrblPanel for the run and zeroing to the corner of the stock results in cutting far away from the stock.

Update: I am beginning to think it is a problem with my DXF file.
    Here is a test of a simple circle file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r-A...ew?usp=sharing

Sorry, I didn't get why you have to do the zeroing above the stock.
    That's why I created a video on my website https://www.grblgru.com/ to show how to zeroing your workpiece.

I also checked your dxf file. It's ok. I was able to create a job with the file.
    You can control this in the tree view on the 2D view.
    If the toolpath consists of a circle everything is ok. See pic below.

Now I see from your video - right click RefPkt - did not occur to me to right click - suggest to make that command more discoverable.

Another issue - router is skipping circles of diam .126 with a .125" diam cutter. Even .130 did not work. I had to specify a smaller cutter to work around, but it's not accurate. Also would be nice to see the problem on the screen more easily.

hello to all.
    Grblgru I congratulate you on your website and thank you for doing everything possible so that we can continue using your great software.
    for the friend- SWISSCHEESE- I had that same problem with the circle and solve it very easily in the following way
    in coreldraw adding nodes automatically and the circles are perfect in the grblgru program.
    I hope this helps.
    If you do not know how to do it, let me know and I can make a video or send you images

Greetings.

Dantron, thanks for your help.
    Nevertheless, can you please send me a file with circles that will be skipped. I'd like to have a look at that.
    Another question. Which mode did you set in the GRBL ?
    G20 or G21 - Inch or millimeter mode

Does GrblGru have backlash compensation? If not, that may be a nice feature.

Page 10 of 38 8910111220