584,862 active members*
5,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes
Page 19 of 38 9171819202129

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

its is an example from your code that i edit to my lathe

N1 G1 x-2.000 your program calculates this 2 mm : 2mm from 25 mm (radius) when my machine sees this code it calculates from diameter and go 1 mm from the radius
    N2 z-108.900

we can set the diameter from the stock that you have put there g code must calculate x from the diameter too or Can you put an option for it ?

i have an another example for you : https://www.beamium.com/v/CUARAFTB

maybe at gcode settings there will be an option like : calculate X coordinate from the diameter Yes or No

Here is the X i have edited it took so much time

Okay, I get you now.

However, I can't include this in the normal flow because I am also using the generated GCode for display and also sending it to the controller.
    What I can try is to create an additional file in which the X-value is doubled. You can then copy this file manually into your controller.

Would that work for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    Okay, I get you now.

However, I can't include this in the normal flow because I am also using the generated GCode for display and also sending it to the controller.
    What I can try is to create an additional file in which the X-value is doubled. You can then copy this file manually into your controller.

Would that work for you ?
    i also copy and edit the codes manually i can do that it will be very good for lathe users like me because all metal working lathes work like this
    Thank you so much

@Yvzylmz

I just uploaded a new beta version v3.50.9. There is a new menu item "Extras/Postprocessor".
    I haven't had time to test it extensively yet. Please check it carefully and let me know if something is wrong.

@Yvzylmz

I just uploaded a new beta version v3.50.9. There is a new menu item "Extras/Postprocessor".
    I haven't had time to test it extensively yet. Please check it carefully and let me know if something is wrong.

you are wonderfull thank you very much i have checked it it doubles all x coordinates but in the program setup there is a compatability problem this time i manage to open it with troubleshooter i want to let you know it.

By the way can you show us with a video how to change the tool holder position for inside turning or face turning i know you are focusing 4 5 axes laser.. etc but Turners need your program too )

Hello,

...newbie from DR here!, first post!...

First would like to thank you on the great job done on grblgru, been using it since 18 months ago and getting good results on my new woodworking shop, regularly cutting 2D shapes on MDF, PVC and solid woods(pine, oak, mahogany), etc of various widths on a 48x96 "DANTRON" machine. It is a very stable SW that gets the job done: thank you!

As a way of getting better efficiency, I've been searching for a feature that cut mosaics directly from only 1 shape, this is, i.e. input for 6x5 mosaic (30 copies from original on a 6 columns by 5 rows pattern), but haven't found it yet. Looked on manual, tried with macros, but didn't got it working. Right now I'm making the copies directly on the .svg

It is already set up?, Can be made on a macro?, if not maybe it's a feature that can be added later. Thinking of 3 inputs: columns, rows, space, i.e. 6,5,15 would create 6x5 with 15mm between them.

Thanks again, and in advance, and please keep up the good work!

Greetings from DR!
    JC

Thanks. This is an interesting application. Can you be more specific about the requirements? Do you only want a closed path? Do you need tabs. Do you need multiple infeeds ? Can you please provide me with an SVG file as an example ? Preferably a GrblGru project file so I can understand exactly what you need.

@jcorona - One suggestion, this is it, here:
    Nesting
    --> Just a suggestion!

Release notes V4.0

so far, apart from projections on uneven surfaces, it was only possible to perform 2D operations with GrblGru.
    But since I would like to deal with milling 3D objects in the future, I have changed some things in the program.
    For example, some functions that were originally accessible via toolbar buttons can now be found in the right-mouse context menu.
    In the attached video I tried to describe the basic structure of the program and its handling.

Have fun with GrblGru

Thanks. This is an interesting application. Can you be more specific about the requirements? Do you only want a closed path? Do you need tabs. Do you need multiple infeeds ? Can you please provide me with an SVG file as an example ? Preferably a GrblGru project file so I can understand exactly what you need.
    Thanks for answering!,

Trying to get it as simple and flexible as possible( hope it is!), would be fine to just add some X or Y margin after finishing i.e. JOB1, then restart JOB1, so all these details stay on that job. Actually I'm doing it manually .

I think 1 job is enough, but can done on many as well. Normally I work reference=TOP LEFT, right is X positive, up is Y positive. Remember I'm thinking on 2D.

Step by step:

1>>Start,
    2>>Process JOB1
    3>>add X margin, this is: goto point: {originalhome + Xsize of JOB1 + Xmargin} (instead just going back originalhome), set as new temphomeX,
    4>>Process JOB1
    ...repeat 3 and 4 as necessary using temphomeX to add margin
    ...when all X loops are done, then...

809>>goto originalhome - Y margin, this is: goto point: {originalhome - Ysize of JOB1 - Ymargin}, set as new temphomeY
    ...repeat from 2
    ... if all Y loops are done, we're done, if not repeat from 809 using temphomeY to add Y margin.

I hope I have explained myself well. Maybe margins can be the same for X and Y, would get it working also.

Attached 2 images, 1 bottle wine holder side piece, original 2D shape, X developed, X and Y developed; final product after assembly.

Thanks again!

JC

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    @jcorona - One suggestion, this is it, here:
    Nesting
    --> Just a suggestion!
    Exactly!, this is the concept, though I'm thinking a simpler version for easy implementation sake . Thanks for the suggestion!

@jcorona

Please have a look at the new beta version V4.0.1 on my website. With this it should be possible to create the desired duplicates.
    Let me know if something does not work

Hello. Thank you so much for your project. I'm trying to join you. Finishing the machine with FoamCutter but with an additional y-axis between the towers. I have questions about how to control the axes. Sometimes I need to use the machine as a simple foam cutter with y = z and x = u axes. sometimes the axes must move separately for complex cuts. In milling mode, the axes should only move together so as not to break the y portal. Each axis has its own engine and its own limit switch. how to organize calibration? In the Marlin firmware, this possibility is provided, and in GBRL I found only a mention of the possibility of cloning axes, but I could not do it.
    In the early posts of the forum there is a mention of a video on how to set your model of the machine model, but the links are no longer relevant.
    Thanks again for your hard work.

@botowbot

Unfortunately, I have not yet understood exactly how your machine works. Can you provide some pictures so that I can better understand what exactly you want to do?
    If you have a 3D model of your machine, you can integrate it into GrblGru. The manual on my website describes how to do this. I am also happy to help you with this.

@grblgru

On lathe mode Can we change the origin x0 y0 point in the middle of the cylinder (part) when origin point is outside the part it brings more mistakes after changng tool for CNC which have manual tool changer.Can you do that ? And your program needs to support .STEP file too its most common 3d share for jobs i know you have made it for hobby but you are going perfect in this
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvzylmz View Post
    @grblgru

On lathe mode Can we change the origin x0 y0 point in the middle of the cylinder (part) when origin point is outside the part it brings more mistakes after changng tool for CNC which have manual tool changer.Can you do that ? And your program needs to support .STEP file too its most common 3d share for jobs i know you have made it for hobby but you are going perfect in this
    Thanks!
    Sorry for my fault in the post processor i have seen the mach3 coordinate system but it doesnt work with the full diameter like this :

https://hizliresim.com/l8oTpl

@botowbot

Unfortunately, I have not yet understood exactly how your machine works. Can you provide some pictures so that I can better understand what exactly you want to do?
    If you have a 3D model of your machine, you can integrate it into GrblGru. The manual on my website describes how to do this. I am also happy to help you with this.
    Hello, here's a simplified model of my machine. The coordinate axes of my program do not match, but I adjusted them to fit your program. I import STL files into a new machine and first of all they do not match with each other and do not move as I need. When I launch FoamCutter, I can't create even a simple program, let alone a 4-axis one. I create a macro with a code and the program moves only along 3 axes, U = 0.

@Yvzylmz
    You can always select only one of the two options. You must not select both together.
    As a result you get a file with the changed values, which you must then load on your controller.

Sorry, I will not be able to load STEP files. That is much too complicated.
    You would have to buy a software library, and I don't want that.

@botowbot
    Thanks for the files. I will check it. Please give me time for it.

Page 19 of 38 9171819202129