584,850 active members*
4,210 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes
Page 11 of 38 91011121321

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

hi gru
    I always use the program in mm. I really do not know how to set it up in an inch, I just give it a basic use
    A suggestion for your website, if you can place a link for donation is a good thing, I want to make a small contribution, so you can maintain the site or buy some expendable materials for your project.

leader greeting
    Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    Dantron, thanks for your help.
    Nevertheless, can you please send me a file with circles that will be skipped. I'd like to have a look at that.
    Another question. Which mode did you set in the GRBL ?
    G20 or G21 - Inch or millimeter mode

@yohan
    Thank you very much for your suggestion.
    Some time ago I have been intensively involved with this topic and have come to the conclusion that I do not want to do this effort.
    The problem is that in most cases the backlash is not constant in practice. If, for example, you move an axis without load, the backlash will not always run 100%.
    A backlash compensation, however, will add a corresponding correction with every change of direction. I have done some tests on my lathe.
    Especially with small infeeds of the Y-axis, the errors of the compensation accumulated after some time. The result was worse than without compensation.
    I hope you understand my decision, but I firmly believe that the best compensation of the world cannot replace bad mechanics.
    There are also enough mechanical methods to reduce the backlash. That is definitely preferable.

@dantron
    Thanks a lot. At the moment I am very happy that the download is possible again.
    There is still a lot to do on the website. But first, I need to learn how to do this.

Release V3.37

Most of the changes in the new version concern the lathe mode again.
    Because Carbide inserts are used more and more often on hobby lathes, I have now added this type of tool to my program.
    In addition, I have revised the complete turning handling once again and I hope that the operation has now become even easier.
    Many thanks to my friend Leonardo, who helped me a lot with his suggestions and good ideas on this topic.

Free download from my website at https://www.grblgru.com/

Hello GrblGru,

Notice of a bug after version 3.3*, see attached image.
    The "v-carve 11mm 60 grad" and "v-carve 3.175mm 60 grad" tools work well in version 3.30.0

Please let me know when it's OK.
    Many thanks for this excellent work!
    If you were a woman, I would answer> I love you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru-Ver.jpg  

Hi Armando,

thanks for the information. Of course you're right. This is a bug.
    But you can easily correct it. You only have to increase the value "H Width" e.g. H = 12 .

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you. I am only a man, but thanks for the nice words.

Release notes V3.38

In my new program version V3.38 I once again worked with the function G38.2 for milling.
    This good and at the same time easy to use function makes it possible to scan uneven surfaces, e.g. to engrave them afterwards.
    The same applies to the production of PCBs, where any unevenness must be compensated.
    GrblGru also offers the possibility to scan STL objects in simulation mode.

Download, as usual from my website at 403 Forbidden

Have fun with GrblGru

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM e simulação 3D para moinhos e tornos

Hi GrblGru,
    The expression I used, is sincere thanks for your work.

One more bug I found by clicking the JogBackwardRight button.

See image in the debug window is in portuguese of Brazil. (portuguese-BR)
    Where he quotes:
    GrblGru.Form1.JogBackwardRight()
    toe.Controls.CtrlRepeatButton.CtrlRepeatButton_Mou seDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

The version 3.28.0 works correctly.

Armando

Armando,

sorry for the delay in answering. I've only just seen your mail.
    There is a bug in simulation mode. In real mode everything is ok.
    That's why I didn't notice it.
    I fixed the bug in the new beta version V3.38.6 on my website.

Many thanks for your help.

Gary,

I finally managed to attach the file. Silly me...

Release notes V3.39

the topic of measuring and probing with the help of the G38.2 function hasn't quite let go of me yet.
    It's fascinating what you can do with a 10 Euro Arduino and the GRBL program.

A friend of mine provided me with an old discarded probe, with which I could demonstrate the handling in the attached video.
    Since I unfortunately have a tendency to use temporary solutions, the mounting of the probe is rather suboptimal.
    But my main goal was to be able to show the actual measuring.

In the new version, I have also extended the measurement spectrum so that you can now measure in all directions.
    This makes it possible to measure angles, find centers and much more.

Free download from my website at 403 Forbidden

Have fun with GrblGru

Release notes V3.40

I have recently been repeatedly referred to the clamping board I used in the last video. That's why I decided to introduce my self-made clamping system and of course the small clamping device.
    For those who want to try it out in practice, I have also included a template in the program. This should make it possible to create an individual, tailor-made design.

As usual the short video shows the necessary handling. The program version can be downloaded from my website.

Have fun with GrblGru

Release notes V3.41

I have dealt once again with strategies for milling pockets and reworked the corresponding function in the new version V3.41.
    An overview of the currently available methods can be found in the short video.

Have fun with GrblGru

Release notes V3.42

A friend of mine gave me a tip some time ago to take a closer look at the Arduino Mega 2560.
    Now that I've gotten to work with this controller and especially with the Mega-5X software available on it, I'm very impressed.
    In combination with a RAMPS driver card developed for the 2560, you can get a complete 5-axis CNC system (3 linear and 2 rotary axes) for just 25 Euros.

In the new GrblGru version V3.42 an interface for Mega-5X is now available.
    The attached video shows all necessary steps from flashing the Mega 2560 to moving the axes with GrblGru.
    In order to test the whole thing at my desk, I built myself a little test environment with 5 stepper motors.
    Since I don't have a RAMPS board yet, I simply used 2 CNC-Shield Boards as drivers.

Have fun with GrblGru

Release notes V3.42
    In combination with a RAMPS driver card developed for the 2560, you can get a complete 5-axis CNC system (3 linear and 2 rotary axes) for just 25 Euros.
    This is rather impressive and having a whole lot of potential commercially in the future, well done. My advice would be to look at implementing the OPC framework straight from the start and get external devices to use the protocol. I've done an implementation for both MCU and PLC using the OPC Foundation's stack, although meant at simultaneously simulating and driving mechatronics models and assemblies, it was rather easy and rewarding. I could see the same stack interfacing your software for "all" (industrial controllers, mcu, plc, etc).

https://github.com/OPCFoundation/UA-.NETStandard

If you are in core C, then perhaps open62541 would make things easier on ya
    https://github.com/open62541/open62541

Great work, I'm seriously impressed.

edit: opc callbacks for arduino/mcu is far more robust (think aka MODBUS/CRC with feedback, similar). Hope this helps a bit.

Awesome upgrade ( as usual, from you). I am so impressed that bought a arduino mega 2560 and the ramps board asap I watched your last video. And scraped my other projects for a CNC controller for my new machine. I will report on this project as it goes.

Any criticism regardeing the Brazilian translation?

Best regards

Dimitrios

@Mecanix
    Thank you very much for your kind words.

I develop in C# and unfortunately don't know the OPC framework. Up to now I have always tried to do all things myself and not integrate any software components.
    So, if errors occur I always have the possibility to find the cause. The search in foreign components is mostly very frustrating. I hope you have some understanding for that.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your advice. Maybe I'll get more reasonable when I'm older.

@Dimitrios
    Thank you, I'm happy you like it.
    If I get any complaints about the Brazilian translation, you'll be the first to know.

I apologize to the administrators for having posted the message a second time, the fact for fear of having posted in the wrong place

Good morning
    I wanted to ask if it was possible to implement a keyboard function key (for example X axis in SX, CTRL + ) for buttons then allowing the use through a JOYTOKEY program of a JOYSTICK, this could greatly simplify the use of the machine in Manual

Another problem I can't create the path for this processwhere am I wrong

@maximassi

That's a good idea.
    Please give me some time. I will create a new beta version. Because I don't have a joystick, I would ask you to check it out.

To your question with the lathe I ask you to create a project file and send it to me. (File\Save project ...) With this I can reproduce the problem.

@maximassi

That's a good idea.
    Please give me some time. I will create a new beta version. Because I don't have a joystick, I would ask you to check it out.

To your question with the lathe I ask you to create a project file and send it to me. (File\Save project ...) With this I can reproduce the problem.
    Thank you for the availability this is the link x download the file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UrP...ew?usp=sharing
    I await the version with the changes to take the test

Page 11 of 38 91011121321