584,860 active members*
5,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM Videos
Page 1 of 2 12

SprutCAM Videos

All,
    Please take the time and visit my new Youtube channel where I will be putting tutorial videos out as frequently as I can. Feel free to like, comment and subscribe on them all as you see fit. If you have any suggestions or are looking for a way to do something, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I would be happy to shoot a video if it helps you out. Also, any models you think could be used to show a strategy is greatly appreciated as CAD takes longer than CAM for me.

Hope everyone had a safe 4th!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo6...JXfElnUbRxaaLQ

Re: SprutCAM Videos

Looks like a great start to a useful channel. I made a suggestion for another video, or series of them, and offered to supply a model. If you are interested, what CAD format do you prefer? I can do GeoMagic Design or one of the CAD neutral formats like STEP or IGES.

I was #2 subscriber
    Program is so complex You can make videos about ways to set and usc coordinate systems for the next year and a half alone! I only use a tormach mill with 4th axis and find countless ways to do things and countless combinations of strategies with countless settings that may or may not even generate code my mill uses Then you have lathe ......................work and all those settings!! Your going to be busy! I looked at doing this a year or so ago and figured I would spend to much time in video edit mode and not enough using the cam and tools . Anyway I will be following along!

About done with this project with 30 igs, sprut and tap files to make every part and only have to clean and assemble
    Attachment 326130

Fun software to use and worth learning!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Looks like a great start to a useful channel. I made a suggestion for another video, or series of them, and offered to supply a model. If you are interested, what CAD format do you prefer? I can do GeoMagic Design or one of the CAD neutral formats like STEP or IGES.
    I prefer IGS or STEP. Anything will do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyb24 View Post
    I prefer IGS or STEP. Anything will do though.
    I sent you a PM - Mike

Here is the latest, How to Single Form Thread Mill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHD...ature=youtu.be

Another workpiece video. I'm going to try to pump out as many basic videos as I can while working out the more advanced stuff. Keep the requests coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcwjTCTHpJM

Well done, Very clear and to the point! I remember the first time I defined a single point thread mill it took me an hour and crashed version 8 like 3 times
    You did it so fast I had to watch that 3 times to see if there was any thing I missed!
    Mostly learning 4th axis setups and tool path strategies right now and would enjoy any video of those concepts. So many ways to get results and always looking for new and different methods. Hard for me to use that program without learning something new!
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Well done, Very clear and to the point!
    +1!

Phillyb24 your video technique is the best... please keep em coming.
    -uman

Thank you all, I am trying to put one up daily, it might be every 2-3 but keep checking! I also have made a facebook page that I will upload new ones to as well for you to have delivered to your feed and to share to your machining friends.

https://www.facebook.com/sprutcamvideos/

How about a video that describes why those red check marks get generated for some operations even though the tool never crashes into the part. Bonus points for showing us how to get rid of those check marks.

How about a video that describes why those red check marks get generated for some operations even though the tool never crashes into the part. Bonus points for showing us how to get rid of those check marks.
    Would have to see an example. I never have issues with that as it's usually a setting somewhere. The only time I ever encounter them is when I'm purposely gouging the model (over drilling, thread milling/tapping, etc...)

I run into this on almost every job. On the most recent it was because the model was imported to a location inside the mill table (Tormach, in this case). I usually just ignore the red checks if the part seems to simulate OK, but sooner or later it is going to bite me in the butt.

One of the things I'd like to see is a series of videos on what each of the parameters in the setup screen do.

I run into this on almost every job. On the most recent it was because the model was imported to a location inside the mill table (Tormach, in this case). I usually just ignore the red checks if the part seems to simulate OK, but sooner or later it is going to bite me in the butt.

One of the things I'd like to see is a series of videos on what each of the parameters in the setup screen do.
    Go to Tormach website. The machine definition was updated in April I think to raise it out of the table by default. I can do a video for the setup tab no problem. Another thing I do is always turn off the Pan on the machine definition. Something in 10 doesn't like it.

I find as mentioned here there is some sort of conflicting setting and I always keep reviewing settings and changes or delete and start over with new operations until the problem is fixed. From what I see some of the safe plane and transition options and settings have some sort of hidden error in the data or input field. One error I see all the time is the tool number and length corrector can show correct setting in tool window but have different numbers showing on lower left tool data tab.

. Another thing I do is always turn off the Pan on the machine definition. Something in 10 doesn't like it.
    They still have not fixed that? wow I run into this 10 seconds after update. Mentioned it to tormach and they sent me video on how to not locate part in mill table. little giggle because I never had that problem from day one when I started learning this program couple years ago and I use full fixtures, machine is visible for all parts on all operations on all offsets on all sides right down to works stops and tool holders. I try to use the cam tool to its fullest and I can say it has saved me with less tool damage and I don't ever mill AIR

I have avoided online updates as they have caused me problems in the past and still run only the oem disk release. Wish I could keep updated with out fear of major problems or new and different errors or quirks to work around.

edit : might be brave someday

Go to Tormach website. The machine definition was updated in April I think to raise it out of the table by default. I can do a video for the setup tab no problem. Another thing I do is always turn off the Pan on the machine definition. Something in 10 doesn't like it.
    Thanks - I just found those definitions and will install them later today

Is Pan turned off in Machine Setup | Pan Surround | Visible?

Some videos on Machine Setup parameters would also be appreciated.

Thanks - I just found those definitions and will install them later today

Is Pan turned off in Machine Setup | Pan Surround | Visible?

Some videos on Machine Setup parameters would also be appreciated.

Yes, although I just click the little arrow icon next to Machine Visibility at the top and then under machine nodes I just click the Pan so it unchecks. I can do a video for that as well. Tormach had it fixed but the most recent update is causing an error at times with the Pan again. I've already notified them it's being taken care of it. Just a quick question on your previous request, when you say Setup do you mean the setup tab that's located next to Job Assignment?

I meant these 2 screens in SC10. Sorry, I may have messed up the names.

Sure thing, I can do those right up. Probably tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12