585,719 active members*
4,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Axle Bushing Needed

I need one axle bushing made.It's a bushing to convert a Suzuki DR650 axle and make it compatible with Suzuki RMZ 450 shocks. I believe it should be made out of Stainless.

Re: Axle Bushing Needed

what is the major overall diameter? and where are you located basically?

I am in Virginia. The overall diameter is 1.180" and overall length is 1.669"

The critical dimensions are the shaft at .980" and the internal bore and threads.

Axle Bushing Needed

I can make one for you no problem please keep in mind that stainless steel although rust resistant is surprisingly not wear resistant. If it is subjected to friction it will wear. I refer to. 980
    diameter section which looks like it will be sleeved in the wheel hub or frame. If it is fixed somehow and there is no movement than fine otherwise if it rotates freely it can demage the wheel hub or seize without lubrication
    A common practice is to use self lubricating materials like oilite bronze. But this combination is preferred in mating with steel. If you are inserting it into some aluminum alloy part, galvanic corrosion may accrue. Just a thought to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brfgmike View Post
    I can make one for you no problem please keep in mind that stainless steel although rust resistant is surprisingly not wear resistant. If it is subjected to friction it will wear. I refer to. 980
    diameter section which looks like it will be sleeved in the wheel hub. If it is fixed somehow and there is no movement than fine otherwise if it rotates freely it can demage the wheel hub or seize without lubrication
    A common practice is to use self lubricating materials like oilite bronze. Just a thought to consider.

Actually stainless is a LOT more wear resistant than any steel! I have done research on that and fixed a guys backhoe dipper bucket, reinforcing the edges with steel, stainless, and AR500, (at his request) and he brought it back wanting stainless to replace the other parts of the wear edges, because it held up so much better, and he digs a lot, whcih dirt wears on that eqwuipment bad.

Axle Bushing Needed

Lanemfg
    I appreciate your input.
    Backhoe pins do not rotate very fast. Here is a link to some studies if you care to know some more.
    https://www.nickelinstitute.org/~/Me...teel_9006_.pdf

not pins dude, if you read my post, I was talking about the bucket, not pins.

This piece will not have any friction from movement. The axle shaft screws into the sleeve and the sleeve gets clamped into place so there is no movement on this piece.

I could whip that out for you in 316 Stainless very competitively as I have the material and metric tap on hand. My specialty is one-off manual lathe work and I have thousands of hours of experience over the last 30 plus years. Fit and precision guaranteed! PM me if you haven't accepted another quote yet. One week turn around!

This order has been filled. Thank you everyone.

Hey there, feel like making another one? I'm working on the same project!