585,602 active members*
3,557 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Integrex IV help

At my work place we have two new Mazak IV Intergrex machines. They work great and I can do so much with them. However I am having one problem. It's the wear comp offsets. Seem that on drills and endmills when cutting in the downward direction, X-Axis, seems that we are having to make Z offsets for X and Z for X... Anyone have an Idea on whats going on here? I have looked though the manuals and have yet to find the answer.

Thanks

Bruce

Demon440,
    I ran the Integrex II for 4 years and I had the same problem. It was explained to me by an authorized Mazak repairman that on the Integrex when it is drilling or milling in this position that it has now become a Mill. Hence the Z and X axis are the same as operating a VMC.
    Once I got into that mindset everything seemed to work out ok.

thanks mudbug that does make some sense. The weird thing is, we also have a Integrex II as well and it will take offset just like any other lathe. I would think this is a parameter setting, but I cant find it anywhere.

What year model is the Integrex II?

Its a 100-SY

That's the same model I was running.
    All I can say is contact Mazak and ask them. They should be able to tell you something. I just learned to work it that way after they told me the deal.
    I guess it's easier when you only have one machine of that type. I can see where it could get confusing if you are jumping around to the same type of machine but having to operate it differently.

Mill tools on the Matrix control keep the same coordinate system as they are defined with the B-axis at 0 degrees. That is why when the B-axis is at 90 degrees, you have to offset the tool Z -.001 to offset the tool closer to the spindle centerline.

Try this forum for Integrex and multi-tasking machines:

http://integrexmachinist.com/forums/

http://integrexmachinist.com/forums/...rum=1&topic=80

Demon440,

The matrix control does all of it's mill work with Z inline with the mill spindle no matter what angle the Baxis is at. So if you are doing mill work at B 90deg and you milled two flats 180deg apart to change the distance between the flats you would have to offset Z. This is the same as doing Oblique milling on the older controled Integrex's. Except everything not at B 0deg is Oblique. Checkout this site.
    http://integrexmachinist.com/

Thanks everyone. Yeah I can see how it’s always using the axis as if the b axis were at 0. I just wish there was a way to change it. It's not a problem for me, but for the operators that have to run it. They are used to other lathes and this is messing them up.
    This is very cool, I have no idea there was Grex user web page. Thanks for the link.