585,914 active members*
3,839 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Official Geckodrive Tutorial Videos

Official Geckodrive Tutorial Videos

Hey guys,

We are in the process of doing some tutorial videos for frequently asked questions and want to know if there is a specific video you would like made. We are going to do some showing how to quickly tune a stepper drive, how to adjust the PID loop on a servo, how to troubleshoot a drive in the field, check for dead MOSFETs, etc. We will also be doing some for the command set on the GM215 with a demonstration of what each command is meant for. Is there anything you want to be shown in a video?
    Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Re: Official Geckodrive Tutorial Videos

I think that's a brilliant idea Marcus, I'm sure many people will be most appreciative. I'd love to see some videos G540 specific covering slaving, possible fault conditions, good connectivity practices, cabling, etc.

Definitely one on reasonance as that topic seems to come up very regularly and is somewhat misunderstood by many.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Ian,

Will do. We are going to try to keep the videos short (2 - 5 minutes each, no annoying chitchat or super long intros) and we will cover some of the most common questions with all of our drives.
    Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

I don't think anyone would mind at all how long they are Marcus, most people would be grateful for any and all information you impart, and will just sit back with the popcorn and enjoy the show!

I seem to recall you did an analysis on PSU's some time back? A video explaining the varying quality/build differences, and the possible flow-on effects on the drivers/steppers (effects on the driver when linear supplies spike or surge with the mains input?) would be good, as a lot of people I see posting here still don't understand the benefit of when a linear supply may be better than a SMPS, how to rate what's required, and that there can be a marked difference between two very similar looking SMPS's.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

I can't wait....seriously I can't wait. I'm in the process of wiring up my control box and while schematics are great. They only work when the person wiring up the system understands electrical nomenclature. It seems that everyone and I mean everyone who write product manuals seem to think that everyone in their intended audience is an expert. What they seem to forget is that in this audience, the people who buy their products for the most part are not experts in this field and are making their purchases based upon collective reviews.