584,842 active members*
4,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > System for fast removing the smell of burning wood from egraved and cuted wooden item

System for fast removing the smell of burning wood from egraved and cuted wooden item

Hi,

During cutting and engraving the wood and MDF items I have an issue with strong smell of burned wood on them.
    I know, that if I leave them on fresh air for a week approx - the smell will mostly gone.
    But I need that smell should gone within hours or a day.
    I think it should be like exhaust box with compressor, but cant find any one on our market.
    Can you please advice how to build one, or if there is a ready solution it will be fine too.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: System for fast removing the smell of burning wood from egraved and cuted wooden

Do you have an exhaust system in your laser cutter? It seems that the smell would be less if the smoke was removed immediately, rather than filling the enclosure the whole time the parts are in there.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: System for fast removing the smell of burning wood from egraved and cuted wooden

You could try an ozone generator. Place the item in a close box with this for an hour and I suspect it will be smoke-scent free...

https://www.amazon.com/Enerzen-Comme...zone+generator

You can find cheaper versions on eBay (sketchy safety/quality, but I have one like this and it works great):

Heavy Duty AC 110V 10g 10000 MG H Ozone Generator with Blue Plates Treatment | eBay
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html