585,754 active members*
3,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbie - Solidcam and Mach3

Hi everyones,

I'm new in that fabulous CNC world, and I start trying to generate G-Code from my Solidworks files.

I saw few tutorial video of solicam.

The first thing to do to create the toolpath is to select the CNC machine ... But my machine is a homemade CNC Wood Router, running with Mach3, and I don't know witch machine to choose ?? Is it Fanuc ??

Thank you

Yves

somethings it can works in mach3 with Fanuc(3-axis)series...but in mach3,the setting should be changed if there are somethings wrong,then take this: setting---IJmode---choose the second Options(sorry,i am not an english user,i don't know how to say the options)

I am also new and using DIY machine.

I do use FUNUC option and then remove the second line from the g code. I am working on wood for now and my machine have high rpm, you may want to change the .mac file and change the max rpm, I think default is 8K.

There is also a post processor for Mach somewhere on this thread but I also saw a post that this post processor screw up few cuts for one gentleman.

Initially, just look at the code and before running (or do step running) and check how high your z axis is going. I think system drive initial z axis position from some adjustable parameters in settings.

If any experienced user want to chime in, please feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by beluga282 View Post
    Hi everyones,

I'm new in that fabulous CNC world, and I start trying to generate G-Code from my Solidworks files.

I saw few tutorial video of solicam.

The first thing to do to create the toolpath is to select the CNC machine ... But my machine is a homemade CNC Wood Router, running with Mach3, and I don't know witch machine to choose ?? Is it Fanuc ??

Thank you

Yves

I have a POST for mach3 if you want me to send you it give me your email in a PM.
    I'm having a set up issue with solidcam and have found the support to be very poor in the uk I just can not seem to get the tool databases set up right. Today I managed to delete it and I have no idea how to get it back lol.

So if you know how to set up solidcam we can help each other

Quote Originally Posted by Rik H View Post
    I have a POST for mach3 if you want me to send you it give me your email in a PM.
    I'm having a set up issue with solidcam and have found the support to be very poor in the uk I just can not seem to get the tool databases set up right. Today I managed to delete it and I have no idea how to get it back lol.

So if you know how to set up solidcam we can help each other
    I do have programming background and it was pretty easy for me to change .gpp and .mac file to make them do what I want. Now I do not need to change any thing manually in the generated file.

Give some detail on the issue you have. I am very new and may not be able to help but I know there are lot of experience folks reading these posts.

I have moved onto solidcam 2012 sp2 and the tool tables and templates are no longer available (sorry spelling bad dislexic) and not really sure how to set it up I have a manual but can not read that well so that aint a lot of help. Not sure what ver your running but just want to be able to run mach3 with ease and not have to proof read it everytime. I will share what I have if that helps you and any manuals I have I will by all means pass on to anyone willing to read them lol

Well I thought that but have run into trouble setting up all the directories and also dont seem to be able to use drill cycles in fanuc ??? not sure why .
    If anyone can help that would be great in other words HELP please somone:withstupi

can you please send me your post for mach3?

Quote Originally Posted by timothy215 View Post
    can you please send me your post for mach3?

Hi. Did anyone have the post processor? Looking to use 2015 solid cam with mach3 for a converted g0704. Please send or post. Thanks!!