585,977 active members*
4,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help Hyundai kia

Anyone have a Hyundai kia skt lathe? We have rigid tapping but cant get it to work. With m29 g84 it comes in to start but then just sits there. No alarm. Wondering if we are missing a parameter or code. Control is a faunc Oi tc.

Re: Help Hyundai kia

Well, where's the NC code that you used ?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Well, where's the NC code that you used ?
    Sorry I don't have it write now nor did I programm it but from what I remember it had the usual bits then goes to m29 s200 g84 z-15 r5 f1.; g80 it rapids to start position then just hangs around the m29 line. Does it need g17 specified? I can get the actual code tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by albeens View Post
    Sorry I don't have it write now nor did I programm it but from what I remember it had the usual bits then goes to m29 s200 g84 z-15 r5 f1.; g80 it rapids to start position then just hangs around the m29 line. Does it need g17 specified? I can get the actual code tomorrow?
    G17....this is a lathe.....Normally G18 ( XZ)
    ( where is the hole ? )

M3 ?
    X & Z position stated in the command line ?

Yeah, need your NC code

Is the spindle spinning?
    Is there an Index pulse going back to the controller?
    If there is no Index pulse then perhaps the controller is sitting there waiting for it to arrive?

Cheers
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    G17....this is a lathe.....Normally G18 ( XZ)
    ( where is the hole ? )

M3 ?
    X & Z position stated in the command line ?

Yeah, need your NC code
    Sorry I'm the mill operator. Just trying to get it going for them. The hole is in the centre of shaft. No live tooling. Rigid tapping is standard. Enabled by m27 I think it was. But neither m27 or g84 works. It just goes to start point and sits there. Even disabling rigid tapping it still won't work. Code is something like

M29;
    G84 x0. Y0. Z-15. R5. F100. S200.;
    G80;

The programm starts with standard and Finish's with standard footer and header. Theory is we are missing something. But can't find any info on Hyundai kia skt300

I also know m19 hasn't been used nor has plane selection.

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Is the spindle spinning?
    Is there an Index pulse going back to the controller?
    If there is no Index pulse then perhaps the controller is sitting there waiting for it to arrive?

Cheers
    Roger
    No it isn't spinning. It just goes to start position and waits there no alarm. Are you suggesting we need to put m19 in? Sorry for the very late replys. Lost the link and then forgot about it. Useless I know.

I should mention at work they have a doosan mynx with a fanuc 21i control with rigid tapping. They used the same code from that on the Hyundai kia skt lath with fanuc control. But as I said doesn't work. I can't provide the code because its not the side I work on and they have put it in the too hard basket and won't touch it at the moment.

I have to pass here. I do not have any experience with fanuc systems and their strange m-codes.
    I use NIST-compliant Mach3 on a small VMC for which I rebuilt ALL the electronics. Biased view point!

Sorry
    Roger

I have to pass here. I do not have any experience with fanuc systems and their strange m-codes.
    I use NIST-compliant Mach3 on a small VMC for which I rebuilt ALL the electronics. Biased view point!

Sorry
    Roger
    No worries. Thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by albeens View Post
    Sorry I'm the mill operator. Just trying to get it going for them. The hole is in the centre of shaft. No live tooling. Rigid tapping is standard. Enabled by m27 I think it was. But neither m27 or g84 works. It just goes to start point and sits there. Even disabling rigid tapping it still won't work. Code is something like

M29;
    G84 x0. Y0. Z-15. R5. F100. S200.;
    G80;

The programm starts with standard and Finish's with standard footer and header. Theory is we are missing something. But can't find any info on Hyundai kia skt300

I also know m19 hasn't been used nor has plane selection.

"Something like" is not really helpful

But,,,, to put a miller at ease.....a lathe is usually setup to run in feed per rev....tapping a 100mm pitch thread is a "little" fast
    is there an M3 to start the spindle before running the tapping code ?

( newer machines can have the spindle control within the actual G-code )..... this is a basic how-to-use link
    You may need to look up a Fanuc manual

try this
    G97 S200 M3
    G0 X0. (Y0.) Z10. M8 ( Y0 is omitted on a basic lathe....doesn't exist )
    M29
    G84 Z-15. R5. F0.5 ( F is the thread pitch )
    G80

Thanks. I'll give it a try

a lathe is usually setup to run in feed per rev
    I did not know that.
    I don't think I have ever programmed feed/rev on either my mill or my lathe - but the lathe still does an excellent job of cutting threads. Mach3 looks after the details internally.

Cheers
    Roger

a lathe is usually setup to run in feed per rev
    I did not know that.
    I don't think I have ever programmed feed/rev on either my mill or my lathe - but the lathe still does an excellent job of cutting threads. Mach3 looks after the details internally.
    Sorry, should have explained better.....( Note....Lathes / Mills use a different set of codes )
    ( but, also knowing the nitty-gritty can help out in special circumstances )

Machine Switch ON defaults to ....and the code to switch over
    Lathe G99 ( Feed units per Rev )........G98 ( Feed per Minute)
    Mill G94 ( Feed units per Minute)....G95 ( Feed per Rev )

When turning ON a machine....it has activated one particular code from each group
    ie G00, G01, G02,G03 ....this is one group, usually the G00 is the default

G17, G18, G19 is another......Mills have G17 (XY) set, where lathes have the G18 (XZ) as default
    G04 is in it's own group
    the M-codes work in a similar fashion

A code form 1 group can only change another that is in it's own group
    - a G17 will change a G18, but has no effect on a G01
    - a M03 will change a M05, but not an M08.....etc, etc

Look up a Fanuc programming or operation manual.....look for the G or M code tables, it would indicate what is set when powering up a machine, & how the codes are grouped

NOTE (again).....Mills & Lathes use a different set of codes.....some are common though

One has to be very careful here. It seems Fanuc does NOT follow the NIST g-code standard. On the other hand, Mach3 does, (and Haas seem to as well, as far as I have read). Other brands may do something different again.

Mach3 starts in g94 mode, be it Lathe or Mill. Very seldom do we leave this mode.
    Mach3 (and NIST) use g98/g99 to set the 'Canned Cycle Return Level': at the end of a canned cycle does Z return to the initial Z or to the R value.
    However, Mach3 mills do start with g17 and Mach3 lathes do start with g18. That makes sense.

So - first find out what SW you are using, and Read The Fine Manual (commonly known as RTFM) for THAT SW. There be traps!

Cheers
    Roger

Thanks for the help guys. Changed a spindle orientation parameter and it works now. Thanks.