584,800 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > Can't engrave text in fusion 360 because of tool choice!! HELPPPP

Can't engrave text in fusion 360 because of tool choice!! HELPPPP

Hello everyone, I'm losing my mind over here I'm just trying to run a test pass and engrave the word test into a piece of scrap aluminum in fusion 360, however once cad is finished and I get to where I make tool choice fusion try's to make me select a chamfer mill, I did try to select it to see what would happen but then you get to entering the sizes of your tool and it won't change its set at .5! Am I doing something wrong, I tried to change it to .124 and it changes right back.. I have two spring loaded engraving tools, 1 is the tormach TTS diamond engraver assembly and 1 is the spring loaded tool that holds the small 1/8" engraving bits.. I don't understand why it won't allow me to select these tools or at the very least enter their sizes, I would like to do NFA engravings to make a little extra cash I'm a master gunsmith with an FFL and have just broken into the machining side of things.. I have always used manual machines so cnc is quite new to me any help fellas!!

Re: Can't engrave text in fusion 360 because of tool choice!! HELPPPP

you have to make up a bull**** chamfer mill all you need to do is make sure the sizing is the correct and the angle, the angle is to 90 not from 90 so a 60 degree is 30 degrees you need to make the tool first. just did it for a test
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    you have to make up a bull**** chamfer mill all you need to do is make sure the sizing is the correct and the angle, the angle is to 90 not from 90 so a 60 degree is 30 degrees you need to make the tool first. just did it for a test
    So basically I have to add tool, but not really cause I'm still choosing a chamfer mill lol. Instead of what I'm using.. Alright then I'll give it a go..

Re: Can't engrave text in fusion 360 because of tool choice!! HELPPPP

yep it's a pain have V carve bits that are called chamfer mills I just makes sure the size's and angle are correct and they work fine
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]