585,967 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Platform CNC router

Hello all,

Has anybody been in contact with Brian Oltrogge of Platform CNC Platform CNC
    He last posted on this forum in May 2014 and I cannot seem to get a reply from his email address.

I suppose he is very busy and making CNC machines is really not is main line of work.
    Considering how popular his kit seems to be I did not expect a quick reply but I would like to know if this project is still alive.

I want to use the machine to cut parts of 1/8in to 1/4in sheet plastic to very high accuracy and am curious if the Platform CNC can do this?

It has to be precise as the parts will snap fit together.

I would like to buy a machine is 18months

If anyone has any information that could help please PM or reply.

Thanks.

Re: Platform CNC router

I'm interested as well! Knock 500 off the price and I'll buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbydobbie View Post
    I'm interested as well! Knock 500 off the price and I'll buy one.
    Haha! In that case, I would be paying you to buy one of the kits! The only reason I can do them for what I do is because I do them in large batches. I actually order the aluminum in sets of 24 because it is so expensive to have them cut, CNC tapped and finished. The first machine cost me over $6500 and I had to tap all of the holes in the steel and aluminum myself! CNC Routerparts recently put together a complete Platform parts bundle that knocks $100 off the total cost without having to source from multiple vendors. I know it isn't $500, but it is a start!

Quote Originally Posted by drakke View Post
    Hello all,

Has anybody been in contact with Brian Oltrogge of Platform CNC Platform CNC
    He last posted on this forum in May 2014 and I cannot seem to get a reply from his email address.

I suppose he is very busy and making CNC machines is really not is main line of work.
    Considering how popular his kit seems to be I did not expect a quick reply but I would like to know if this project is still alive.

I want to use the machine to cut parts of 1/8in to 1/4in sheet plastic to very high accuracy and am curious if the Platform CNC can do this?

It has to be precise as the parts will snap fit together.

I would like to buy a machine is 18months

If anyone has any information that could help please PM or reply.

Thanks.
    Hey Drakke-

I must have missed your email, I am very sorry about that. I know that I have not been posting here recently. This was one of the downsides of having a private forum for the Platform CNC. I am posting there all of the time, helping with questions and new builds etc... I hope to have more stuff to post here soon as I have completed documenting the 3D Printing conversion. There is a teaser on YouTube of the R&D machine printing while it is up on my wobbly old drafting table, but I am going to finish documenting it soon. I have also not been actively posting online about the Platform CNC as I am only able to do 12 machines at a time. These machine kits are almost always spoken for by the time I have all of the powder coating done for a run, so I am happy you found out about it on your own! This has been a fun hobby/2nd job for me. I usually try to respond right away, unless it requires a very detailed, lengthy response. Then I usually try to catch up on those on the weekend...

Hope this helps!

Brian

I am also trying to contact Brian. I have sent him a couple emails with no response. Brian, are you out there? I am very interested in purchasing one of your machines.

Tks,
    Tazz

I'm also trying to contact Brian. Please let me know if this kit is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by arg617 View Post
    I'm also trying to contact Brian. Please let me know if this kit is still available.
    I am still making kits! I did two consecutive runs that were just for those people that expressed interest via email. I get between 20-40 emails most days, so many times I mark them for 'next run interest' and I send a heads-up email when the next run is ready for deposits!

I took a couple months off around the holidays and I have been playing catch-up ever since. I just finished run #17 and I am shipping today. I will be starting run #18 soon!

Hope this helps!

Brian

That's great to hear Brian!. So, is it safe to assume that if someone emailed you......July 1st......we'll be on the list for run #18?