584,866 active members*
5,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SolidCAM for SolidWorks and SolidCAM for Inventor > solidcam "geometry is invalid" on milling operation for on model engraving

solidcam "geometry is invalid" on milling operation for on model engraving

Hi, the model I was working on had already features of engraving (some text written on it in Arial 10 font), but the milling operation I was about to create to use those existing engraved letters on model, was giving me the geometry is invalid error. No matter which letter I choose.
    the model was in stp and opened and saved as solidprt.

The letters were consisted of many little chopped up lines, so the procedure for creating a chain was "auto - constant z", so it would automatically select all those tiny lines and I wouldnt have to pick them up manually one by one.
    I ended up deleting the milling operation and creating new engraving operation for each word by creating new geometry, adding text, picking start location and angle and thats it.

solidcam 2015

Re: solidcam "geometry is invalid" on milling operation for on model engraving

If you don't use a particular font style for engraving. You can use. DPS Schrift Single font it works well in single line engraving

Pick "multi chain" and "text" and click on the text itself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

will try thx

I have been trying to make a 3D engraving on a curved surface but SolidCAM keeps on making flat engraving toolpath. No matter how I follow the tutorial of Mr. SolidCAM professor in youtube, I can't get a 3D engraving toolpath....What could I be missing???

Quote Originally Posted by MilanTristan View Post
    I have been trying to make a 3D engraving on a curved surface but SolidCAM keeps on making flat engraving toolpath. No matter how I follow the tutorial of Mr. SolidCAM professor in youtube, I can't get a 3D engraving toolpath....What could I be missing???
    Put some pictures of your work so that we will know what you are actually doing !