584,814 active members*
5,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Material Technology > Plastic injection > Dr.Boy 25e injection molding machine

Exclamation Dr.Boy 25e injection molding machine

hello guyz,
    i have seen many injection machine builds over the net , but there ware so much unprofessional,
    so has anyone ever tried to build a machine like the arburg or dr.boy's 25 e?

http://www.boy.ltd.uk/images/product/600/600/21/1.jpg

Attachment 327950

i am going to start a build for a machine like this.
    so what do you guyz think about it... does it work the effort ?
    what type of pump will i have to use. and what size of hydraulic cylinders will be needed?

sp:- if this is a wrong forum for talking about injection molding machine then please guide me to the right website .

thank you all.

Re: Dr.Boy 25e injection molding machine

I have a Boy 15s that I bought used for I think about $2,800. Had to have it shipped about 1,000 miles for another $800. There is no way I could have built a similar sized machine for anywhere near that price and would have probably taken me years to build and would not work near as well. Just the design of the screw, trial and error to make it work right, and very complicated machining of it I don't think I could have done.

Can't recall the size of the hydraulic pump, but the motor on it is probably 14" diameter and 16" long. There are at least a half dozen big hydraulic cylinders on the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by brian257 View Post
    There is no way I could have built a similar sized machine for anywhere near that price
    thankx for the reply brian. i thought there is no one on this site who is related to injection molding .

i am trying to make this machine bcoz of the reason that there is probably no one out there trying to do it.
    i have made a few cnc machines in the past for my personal use.. i have 2 injection molding machine in my factory too. they are indian made. but thay are really big in size. and no where near the quality of arburg or dr.boy.

do you currently use the machine? if so, can you please send me the photos of the machine , motor , and pump. i just want to know the brand or the motor and pump. the machine i want to make is a bit bigger the the machine you have so i cant use the machine pump or motor. i am planing to use a servo motor so i can very the rpm of the pump to get motor speed and power.

like you said. there is no way that it could be done at 3600$, but that was an old machine. and the cost of the new machine is may be 20000-22000$, so if i could make it at about half of that price then it will be a wonderful job.
    ps:- i don't want to make it for my personal use. i will keep making it batter and batter after i make it and then i am planing on selling those type of machine. so do you think that it worth a fortune? as you are a user of a machine like that so what do you think, will anyone be interested in purchasing a machine like the boy25e at very low price then the boy's price?

Quote Originally Posted by sizala View Post
    thankx for the reply brian. i thought there is no one on this site who is related to injection molding .

i am trying to make this machine bcoz of the reason that there is probably no one out there trying to do it.
    i have made a few cnc machines in the past for my personal use.. i have 2 injection molding machine in my factory too. they are indian made. but thay are really big in size. and no where near the quality of arburg or dr.boy.

do you currently use the machine? if so, can you please send me the photos of the machine , motor , and pump. i just want to know the brand or the motor and pump. the machine i want to make is a bit bigger the the machine you have so i cant use the machine pump or motor. i am planing to use a servo motor so i can very the rpm of the pump to get motor speed and power.

like you said. there is no way that it could be done at 3600$, but that was an old machine. and the cost of the new machine is may be 20000-22000$, so if i could make it at about half of that price then it will be a wonderful job.
    ps:- i don't want to make it for my personal use. i will keep making it batter and batter after i make it and then i am planing on selling those type of machine. so do you think that it worth a fortune? as you are a user of a machine like that so what do you think, will anyone be interested in purchasing a machine like the boy25e at very low price then the boy's price?
    I understand that you want to build this injection molding machine, have you looked at any of the Chinese molding machines, they to are priced very well, a servo machine is the way to go, no hydraulics' are needed, with a full servo machine,

There are quite a few that have built successful molding machines, It would have to be computer controlled to compete with what is available, I have a 60 Ton Boy in my Home workshop photo of my machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Molding Machine.jpg   Molding Machine Open.jpg  
    Mactec54

thank you for your opinion Mactec54, will you please tell me that what was the price of your machine?

and what is your opinion on the babyplast machine? if i do make a machine like that then will any users be interested in that machine?