586,011 active members*
4,190 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

spindle speed control

Does anyone have a schematic I can use to make a spindle controll board, and speed sensor for my homier minilathe? I am making a CNC board to do the "whole lathe" I already have the pport, two (x) & (z) axis, the coolant and spindle on/off relays designed in now I just need to add in these last 2 things. I am using other designs off the net and putting them together, I can mix and match but I am a ways off from actualy designing a board (or anything complex) that would actually function. So for now I am trying to use proven designs and see if I'm smart enough to put them together on a single board
    Thanks J
    :cheers:

That is what I need, but I am wanting to put everything on 1 board including the axis controllers. I am looking for a schematic so I can make my own custom board, I did not see those sold as "kits" If I could find kits (preferably) or a layout schematic (with connections) I could work from them and see the parts and how they connect to each other so I could incorporate them into my personal lathe board. I made my first pcb board (a 120vac relay) then a fuzz effect box for my guitar, and I got hooked, (at least its not drugs im hooked on!) I'm not making anything to sell lord knows I'll be lucky if I can even make it work..... I'm just wanting to learn and try something I can actually use.
    Thanks
    J

Can't help with the speed control but the tachometer is easy enough:
    http://www.shumatech.com/products/dro-350/add-ons.htm