585,702 active members*
4,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Tormach SmartCool

The electronics or the mechanism or both are sealed?

I took a closer look at both the servo and electronics box. The electronics box is just screwed together. And the servo is a steel box that is also screwed together. I looked at the electronics and it is a couple transistors and a couple small chips. I am not going to post any photos. Not something I am comfortable doing.

If I was designing something like this, I'd use a small micro to get commands from USB and drive the servo. That would make pictures of the insides less than helpful except maybe to identify it was a PIC or Atmel or Microchip or MSP or whatever doing the work.

Quote Originally Posted by bozidar22 View Post
    FYI, Link does not work.
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

I have need struggling to get my smart cool with multicool to position correctly. I have the ATC and run some parts that take 40 minutes on an op with multiple tools, but for the life of me I can not get the smartcool adjusted to consistantlyt stay aimed at the tool tip on any tool. I have multi cool and have it set up with my Fog buster in M7 position.. I have spent HOURS typing in ADMIN SMARTCOOL_OFFSET until I am blue in the face and get no consistant results. I have smartcool on in the Fusion 360 post, and have experimented with the wiggle percentage which seems to work for values of 65-90% but the damn aiming is still almost random no matter what tool I use.

If anyone is having good luck with the SmartCool Multicool and get good tool specific aiming (M7P0) please give me some advice..

Thanks in advance for your help..

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Darby View Post
    I have need struggling to get my smart cool with multicool to position correctly. I have the ATC and run some parts that take 40 minutes on an op with multiple tools, but for the life of me I can not get the smartcool adjusted to consistantlyt stay aimed at the tool tip on any tool. I have multi cool and have it set up with my Fog buster in M7 position.. I have spent HOURS typing in ADMIN SMARTCOOL_OFFSET until I am blue in the face and get no consistant results. I have smartcool on in the Fusion 360 post, and have experimented with the wiggle percentage which seems to work for values of 65-90% but the damn aiming is still almost random no matter what tool I use.

If anyone is having good luck with the SmartCool Multicool and get good tool specific aiming (M7P0) please give me some advice..

Thanks in advance for your help..
    Doug,

i have a few tools that are way off on tool tip as well. On proven programs, I hand code exactly what I want the SmartCool to do.

Thanks for the tip.. That seems to work better doing it for each program...

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    If I was designing something like this, I'd use a small micro to get commands from USB and drive the servo. That would make pictures of the insides less than helpful except maybe to identify it was a PIC or Atmel or Microchip or MSP or whatever doing the work.
    There is nothing terribly complicated about making one of these. I don't see the point in seeing that is on the board unless you just couldn't wrap your brain around how to recreate a circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Darby View Post
    Thanks for the tip.. That seems to work better doing it for each program...
    In my experience, it's a little like photography. As you become a professional that uses the camera as a tool everyday, you get away from the programmed modes and just shoot manual.

Page 2 of 2 12