585,752 active members*
3,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: need info on 210-MB

It turned out all I had to do was uncheck the "auto-rotate" box in the operator panel to make the manual drawbar release and magazine rotate buttons work. Duh!

Next up is figuring out the "home" item in the mode list. It's in the same list as MDI, memory, jog, incremental, etc., but I can't get it to do anything.
    My main machine: Multicam MG series (MG101) with original Extratech H971 controller, Minarik servo motors, Electro-Craft BRU-series drives, 4KW Colombo. Let's talk Multicam!

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Jog the axis where you want them to be. (Home position). Turn on PWE under OFFSET/SETTING page. Goto SYSTEM page and under Parameters type 1815 then NO> SEARCH. Move the cursor to the right till the APZ bit is highlighted. in MDI mode type 1 INPUT. This will set your home position to where the axis is when you set the APZ bit. Cycle power and you are all set to roll
    Okay, I took my best guess on where zero points of the axes should be and the X and Y look okay so far, but I think I got the Z wrong. I'm trying to jog it to another place to try again, but I'm getting a 500 overtravel Z+ alarm. It looks like what you normally do in this case is to restart it while holding the P and CAN keys, but this machine is controlled by a PC running Fanuc BOP, and I haven't been able to find an equivalent.
    My main machine: Multicam MG series (MG101) with original Extratech H971 controller, Minarik servo motors, Electro-Craft BRU-series drives, 4KW Colombo. Let's talk Multicam!

Set parameter 1320 and 1321 for the Z axis. Write down the current values and set -1 for 1320 and 1 for 1321. This will make it act like the P CAN does. Don't forget to set back when done.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Set parameter 1320 and 1321 for the Z axis. Write down the current values and set -1 for 1320 and 1 for 1321. This will make it act like the P CAN does. Don't forget to set back when done.
    Thanks! I've also discovered that if I uncheck ZRN in parameter 1815 and restart that the machine reverts to hard limits. I'm able to jog anywhere then and reset ZRN.

I have been unable to find out what the process is for homing the ATC, so I'm considering ways this process could be reverse engineered.

Do these controls create a log file that could be examined for clues?

Page 2 of 2 12