585,573 active members*
3,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tormach pcnc 1100 atc problem

hello everyone ,

i got a pcnc 1100 a couple of years a go and never had any real issues till now.

i was milling parts one day , changed to a different part , loaded a different .nc file and pressed 'cycle start' and got the following message :

ATC Button - USB command rejected

i talked to tormach guys (who are very responsive) and they suggested getting a new atc sensor , now i installed it and still get the same message.
    also i tried reinstalling mach3 and i'm currently waiting for path pilot but i honestly doubt that it is a software error.

problem is machine doesn't even try to spin the atc, when i want to move the tray or do anything with atc i get message on mach3 ' reference ATC ,' nothing happens and than i get the message : ATC Button - USB command rejected

if any one of you had similar issues i would greatly appreciate any help i can get.

thank you ,

Dalibor

Re: tormach pcnc 1100 atc problem

When I started having M3 issues (spindle, not atc) I did multiple reinstallations. No help. Something -clearly in software- was not cleared by a reinstall of M3. It was erratic, but got progressively worse (more frequent-once it happened, I had to cold boot both controller and machine, which sometimes cleared the error for that session). I was about to do a total hard drive reformat, but went to PP instead (controller was old, it was time to move to M4, etc). Not a squeek in the year plus since then. Problem was clearly software or the control computer itself, since nothing else has changed.

Until you do a complete, low level reformat of your OS and reinstall M3, I don't think you have eliminated a software cause.

Since you've got PP coming, you're at most a few days out. I'd wait for PP.

Quote Originally Posted by GLCarlson View Post
    When I started having M3 issues (spindle, not atc) I did multiple reinstallations. No help. Something -clearly in software- was not cleared by a reinstall of M3. It was erratic, but got progressively worse (more frequent-once it happened, I had to cold boot both controller and machine, which sometimes cleared the error for that session). I was about to do a total hard drive reformat, but went to PP instead (controller was old, it was time to move to M4, etc). Not a squeek in the year plus since then. Problem was clearly software or the control computer itself, since nothing else has changed.

Until you do a complete, low level reformat of your OS and reinstall M3, I don't think you have eliminated a software cause.

Since you've got PP coming, you're at most a few days out. I'd wait for PP.
    thank you for your input !!! should get path pilot monday so will gove it a shot..

thanks,

Dalibor

Hi Dalibord,

I'm taking a fat change here by responding to your old post.

I now have a similar error.

Did updating the PP resolved your issue??

Regards
    Juan